Our client is seeking a talented Production Manager to join their team at their equipment and systems manufacturing facility in Buffalo, NY.
REPORTING TO: General Manager
· Creates schedule plan to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual shipment goals
· Provides shift oversight which includes organizing and coordinating all production activities
· Oversees manufacturing productivity, manage department workload, utilization of labor, and meeting established product costs
· Supports team in achieving company objectives, helps facilities change and remove obstacles
· Follows production schedule, collaborates with scheduler and set-up technicians to optimize schedule
· Implements process changes and performs routine audits to validate proper process and equipment function
· Responsible for operating within budgeted manufacturing goals provided by General Manager
· Interfaces with all shop personnel, engineering, sales, quality assurance, and purchasing to meet customer requirements
· Maintains accuracy of inventory and communicates inventory discrepancies to Controller
· Designs and implements the safety program, maintaining safe operations, and compliance with Corporate provided requirements of safety
· Provides technical support and guidance to improve manufacturing processes and procedures
· Partners with QC Manager to ensure defect-free parts at the proper quantity
· Fosters culture of compliance and continuous improvement mindset
· Ensures cleanliness of work areas and helps maintain safe work environment
· Oversee documented training of new employees and temporary workers
· Responsible for cross-training critical skillsets as contingency for vacation or absences
· Conducts employee coaching
· Recommends and support action to motivate employees and improved production methods, equipment performance, product quality and process efficiency
· Conducts employee performance reviews, enforces company policies, and administers discipline as required
· Collaborate with HR for labor needs
· Performs all other duties as required
·High School diploma required
·Associates Degree or equivalent experience
·5+ years of experience as Team Leader or Supervisor
·PC skills to include experience with financial, spreadsheet and word processing software, as well as internet/email.
·Experience with general office equipment, powered industrial vehicles, shop equipment and tooling.
·Strong problem solving, verbal and written communication, and math skills: Ability to innovate and look for opportunities to improve product and services, increase overall efficiency, avoid lawsuits and product defects, use verbal skills to communicate information to large groups and/or influence others, prepare business documents, technical reports, manuals, technical procedures, etc., Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios.
·High level of record keeping and attention to detail, High pressure for results. Ability to Organize, prioritize and problem-solve, read, comprehend and follow/give instructions and business processes, respond to unpredictability. Should have independent judgement and discretion, ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, as well as respond to angry/upset individuals
·Physical demands to include walking, lifting, bending, standing, orally communicate, hear conversation, work in typical office setting, work more than 40 hours in a week or a shift between 8-12 hours when necessary.
·PPE to include safety shoes, and at times safety glass, gloves, shields, etc.
·To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
·Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc. Range slated for base at $75-90K to start.
HOW TO APPLY:
·Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary expectations to #removed# for immediate consideration.
·Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
staffing.txmq.com | #removed#