The Superintendent position will manage and control assigned projects throughout the eastern area of the United States, including overseeing field operations, site safety, productivity, schedule, quality work, and trade contractor and supplier coordination and work in conjunction with the Project Manager leading the project team. The Superintendent reports directly to the Project Manager. High travel time for extended periods of time is required for this position.
Salary - Negotiable
- Participate in determining sequence and activity duration on schedules for proposed projects.
- Understand and communicate to all field personnel the owner’s goals regarding construction.
- Maintains positive relationships with the owner and architect throughout the project(s).
- Provide technical expertise throughout the Pre-Construction process.
- Participate in the Constructability review.
- Assist in the management of the Pre-construction schedule.
- Insure job safety requirements are understood and implemented by all project personnel and trade contractors. Continually strives for Zero Injury on all projects.
- Lead on-site safety meetings.
- Review the trade contractor’s safety program and MSDS information in the trade contractor start-up meeting.
- Watch for and correct all safety hazards at the jobsite. Report all safety incidents to project manager.
- Review the plans and specifications for constructability and construction schedules and advise the project team of issues or deficiencies.
- Understand the contract between and the owner.
- Understand project estimate.
- Understand trade contractor and supplier contract scopes.
- Assist in quantity takeoff and pricing estimates.
Prepare, manage and update the detailed project schedule with sequence and activity duration including procurement items.
- Establish the punch list process and close-out procedures with the Project Manager, Owner and Architect before trade contractor work starts.
- Maintain a Zero Punch list.
- Schedules vendors necessary for the project.
- Mentor and train other employees as necessary.
- Willingness to travel for extended periods of time.
- 8 to 10 years related experience or equivalent role (Commercial, Higher Education and Health Care construction experience a preferred)
- Familiar with computers, email, uploading photographs, MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Proficient in understanding building plans and specifications.
- Ability to maintain daily/weekly reports and maintain project logs
- Team player with field supervision, project management and company administration
- Safety standards knowledge and enforcement
- Ability to remain calm, focused and effective under time pressure situations
- Self starter with ability to set goals and tasks with strong leadership skills
- High School and completion of Vocational School a plus, College degree preferred
Role: Traveling Construction Superintendent -Commercial Health Care Industry
Apply for this job now.