Support Worker - £500 Welcome Bonus
Salary: £10.35 per hour depending on experience and qualification.
45 hours a week 08.00am-06.00pm, Mon-Sun (alternative weekends)
Dinardos is a Supported Housing provider specialising in supporting adults with challenging and complex Mental Health needs.
The Support Workers role will be to support and assist our residents to be empowered to live as independently as they are able. At the same time ensuring that all residents are treated with equal respect, kindness, and courtesy always and their dignity is maintained. As an experienced support worker, you will understand the importance of ensuring that the people we support are involved and given the opportunity to make informed choices to develop their own support plans and daily activities. You will be required to be a creative in your approach using a variety of support planning and goal setting tools to enable our residents to adjust their quality of life. This may involve undertaking activities and visits in the community therefore you should have the passion, drive, and commitment to ensure this happens.
- To provide a comprehensive support service working on strengths-based approach to practical and emotional needs.
- To support and encourage residents to develop and rediscover social skills
- To support and encourage residents to develop activities to encourage daily living skills
- To assist and encourage residents with general financial management
- To support residents to recognise their mental health needs and comply with medications that have been prescribed to manage this
- To support residents physical health and well-being
- To ensure that residents files both written and computerized are up to date and any incidents or other information is fully reported and recorded.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be:
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Patient, a good listener, and able to have empathy with residents who have often suffered abuse over many years
- Able to communicate in a friendly and respectful manner with residents as well as colleagues
- In possession of an NVQ Level 2 (or higher) in Social Care
What we offer in return for your hard work:
- 28 Days holiday including bank holidays
- DBS certificate paid for*
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Contributory pension scheme
If you are looking for a challenging, yet rewarding, role please apply today.