Company: ICP SEARCH
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £85,000 - £100,000 per annum
Lead Software Engineer
£90,000 - £100,000 Plus Benefits
This role will be working with an established startup, very well-funded, HR SaaS start up. Since their launch in 2014, our client has achieved consecutive triple-digit year-over-year growth.
We’re looking for a hands-on lead software engineer to join our team in the UK to help build the future of employee experience; the products we build have a direct impact on our user's happiness, success and satisfaction at work. Successful candidates will be leading a cross-functional team composed of senior engineers working closely with product managers and our UI/UX designers.
- Lead and own a talented cross-functional team to develop new user-facing features using TypeScript on the backend (and frontend if you're keen). If you've never used TypeScript before, we'll train you up.
- Work closely with product and design on planning out upcoming features and releases.
- Report to management and engineering leadership on progress, problems and successes.
- Run regular 1:1s with your team and oversee their personal development.
- Participate in agile ceremonies; regularly and sustainably delivering value in two-week sprints.
- Work with our existing AWS platform team to deploy infrastructure using Kubernetes.
- Experience deploying and maintaining applications on AWS.
- 1-2 years of proven success leading a team. .
- You are user focused - we solve our customer’s problems together; everybody has a say in planning, design & execution.
- You’re familiar with both relational databases and NoSQL solutions and you know when to use each.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems and microservices; we use Kafka heavily.
- Good understanding of CI/CD, unit testing and best practices around code quality - we use GitHub Actions and SonarQube to constantly measure and improve.