$17.00 to $30.00 hourly based on experience
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Full-Time and Shift
Why Work Here?
“Join an exciting industry where you can utilize your mechanical skill. A lot of room for career growth.”
Are you looking for a career in an exciting industry with long term / steady work potential?
Do you have mechanical skills?
Do you have welding skills?
If so on either, then you should apply to this job posting!
Prokar Inc. Beaumont, TX is currently seeking new team members.
We offer ON THE JOB TRAINING to give you the knowledge and skill set to work on and inspect rail cars and pass any required certifications.
Our Railcar Repair and Inspection Personnel are responsible for inspecting and repairing railcars that travel the tracks all over North America. The work is part mechanical, part welding, Inspection, Blast and Paint depending on what needs to be repaired on the railcar.
Work Environment: Our team members work in an open shop environment and outdoors.
Shifts: Mechanical Repair/ Interior Touch-up (7 am to 3:30 pm M-F) 40 hours a week with OT potential
Inbound Inspection (7am to 3:30pm M-F, Weekend Rotational Schedule Varies) 40 hours a week with OT potential
Wash Rack Inspection 24/7 Operation (12 Hour Rotational/ 4 on 4 off)
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS IN ALL 3 AREAS!!!!
We offer our team members:
· Competitive Wages and Career Growth Potential
· 401(k) Plan
- Full Health, Dental and Vision Benefits - Eligible for health benefits after 30 days (begins on the 1st of the month)
· Life and AD&D Insurance
What we are looking for in our new team members:
· Steady relevant work history.
· Someone that is looking for a career and not just another job.
- Someone who wants to excel at what they do and have an opportunity to continue to learn and grow within the company.
· Someone who can work alone or with a team.
· Someone who has experience working outside.
· Welding experience a plus - if you have basic skills we can train you!
· Mechanical skills and experience using tools. (I.e. hand tools, cutting torches, grinders, etc.)
· Must be able to pass Background Check, Drug and Alcohol testing requirements
Railcar Repair Personnel (Welder/Mechanic) must be able to read and understand work orders, make car repairs in compliance with FRA and AAR rules and keep good repair records. As well as, ensuring all company guidelines and safety rules are followed and met while performing job duties.
Inbound Inspectors must be able to read, interpret, and apply AAR Mechanical and Customer Specific requirements along with performing light repair. As well as, ensuring all company guidelines and safety rules are followed and met while performing job duties.
Wash Rack Inspectors must be able to read, interpret, and apply customer specific requirements for interior inspection of railcars, along with being able to work independently on various shifts both day and night. As well as, ensuring all company guidelines and safety rules are followed and met while performing job duties.
· Interpret job work orders to perform required repairs
· Coordinate and complete repairs in an efficient manner and within assigned hours
- Notify supervisor of any materials and/or equipment required to ensure completion of job tasks
· Interact with crew members in a team environment, as well as with supervisor
- Follow all safety rules, keep work area clean and comply with all Prokar Environmental Health and Safety Policies
· Ensure AAR/ FRA, Prokar, and customer quality assurance standards are met
- Any other duties as assigned such as special projects, general housekeeping, participate in training sessions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to read and write English at a high school level
- Work in hot and cold environment, in and out of the weather; work safely around heavy equipment and on top of and under railcars, as well as around railroad tracks.
- Knowledge of machines and tools required to weld, cut and gouge (welding is not required but always a bonus)
· Perform/ prioritize multiple tasks with attention to details.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions including basic work orders, customer maintenance standards and safety policies and procedures.
· Basic mechanical skills and the ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including but not limited to steel toed boots, eye protection, ear plugs, gloves, hot work PPE, respiratory and fall protection.
· Ability to climb ladders and work safely at elevated heights
Candidates may apply through this ad or send resume to email@example.com
Role: Railcar Inspection and Repair Personnel
Apply for this job now.