Teaching Assistant - Young Offenders
Huddersfield Pupil Referral Unit
£65 - £85 (per day dependant on experience)
Salary is dependant on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is a minimum of 3 months relevant experience working with children, young people or adults.
Contract start date : Immediate, full time Monday to Friday
Vision for Education Huddersfield specialist SEND department are recruiting for a Teaching Assistant - Young Offenders to work with young people aged between 11 and 17 within a specialist school setting.
This Teaching Assistant - Young Offenders role is to support vulnerable young learners who are no longer in mainstream education (school based setting). The successful Teaching Assistant will be able to build relationships quickly and have a none judgemental mindset.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant - Young Offenders role you must:
- Be able to adapt to certain situations that can arise.
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
- Have Team Teach training or be willing to attend the FREE course held by Vision.
- Experience working with Special Educational Needs.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
Apply today via this website if you have a passion for helping young individuals who may be disadvantaged, or for more information about this role / the experience that is required, please contact our Huddersfield SEND team today at Vision for Education.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.