We are seeking a Help Desk/Level I Technician to support a client located in Glendale, AZ. Qualified candidate will act as the primary point of contact for the end users providing IT support and will be required to understand the client’s business and technology environment. Ideal candidate will be well versed in the processes and policies around end-to-end incident and problem management and have a balance of technical and customer-focused knowledge with an emphasis on accurate communications to stakeholders/end users.
The IT Help Desk Level I Technician must have a demonstrable hands-on hardware, software and O/S support for both Windows and MAC (including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting) with exposure to a wide variety of products, issues and customer types. Candidate must have an excellent understanding of desktop troubleshooting (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and support new technology. Candidate must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally, they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem-solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required. Proven ability to operate in high-pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
Regular activities include pc imaging, desktop support, MS Office support, Line of Business application support, connectivity troubleshooting, asset management, patch & AV management, and end user provisioning / access management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the main point of contact for IT support service requests and incidents.
- The creation, updating and deployment of standard PC images.
- Coordination with suppliers of PC, tablets, printer & PDA for warranty repair calls and replacement of equipment as required.
- Tracking of service requests / incidents by entering data into service desk system and ensure response, work commitment and resolve times are within SLA guidelines (entire life cycle).
- Perform initial response to end user on-site, via telephone, email, chat, or web. Response must be fast, knowledgeable and professional.
- Perform service request / incident escalation and coordination as required by Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Maintain a reporting framework for tracking and measure performance as it relates to SLA response, work commitment, and resolution.
- Proactively resolve any potential SLA failures that are occurring. Engage supervisor as necessary to assist with correction.
- Perform daily review of open and closed tickets looking for trends, warnings or potential signs for any type of trending technology problem. If located immediately communicate with your management.
- Validate troubleshooting methods to ensure the root cause of the technology problem is being addressed and avoiding problem re-occurrence.
- Build confidence with end users and client through communications and unwavering sense of urgency in resolving customer reported problems.
- Think forwardly, look for potential problems and be transparent with Management about areas that need to be addressed before become a problem for our clients.
- Work closely with Management to ensure best practices are established to ensure maximum efficiency are achieved for the support of the end user environment.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to work with and help solve technical issues with non-technical staff.
- Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact have been demonstrated.
- Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced and growing environment where some travel maybe required.
- Ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
- Experience in procurement, inventory and asset management of IT equipment as well as IT lifecycle.
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays
- High School or College Graduate.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience supporting computers/end users in an on-site environment with issue management, process workflows, and administration functions.
- Proven skills in hardware / software troubleshooting and deployment including mobile devices.
- Full time position on-site in Glendale, AZ.
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays as required.
The very basic foundation of Terralogic has been to provide Technology Services for the Connected World. Our core DNA is in tying deep Engineering expertise to our Customers road map and business needs to bring true partnership! We work from product conceptualization, to product maturity, decline & sustenance by investing in a broad range of technical skills and domain experts with an eye on stability and increased productivity. We look at problem statements exactly the way our customers look at them and provide far reaching solutions at highly optimized cost levels. With a thousand plus strength, experienced management and best-in-class practices, we deliver world-class successes for our Customers!
Terralogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
All candidates must be eligible to legally work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor H1B Visas. No C2C candidates please.
Role: IT Help Desk Level I Technician
Apply for this job now.