Company: COMMUNITY HEALTH CTR
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Do you want to make a difference in the community?
Are you looking to further your career in healthcare?
Do you want to be part of a growing organization?
Community Health Centers of Pinellas, Inc., has been serving the community for 40 years. We are a not-for-profit health care organization with 13 locations throughout Pinellas County, FL! We have opened 5 new centers and added a Mobile Health Unit, all over the last 10 years!
Position Location: Clearwater
Reports to: Office Manager
Job Summary: Performs administrative and clinical duties under the direction of a physician to assist in examination and treatment of patients. As a member of a care team, support the mission and goal achievement, organizational quality and patient centered care.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for knowing and following clinical policy and procedure, including documenting all patient interactions in EHR timely
- Complete intake interview for new and returning patients, including counseling patients/families on their roles, and CHCP's role in a medical home
- Participates in daily huddles, works with the care team to ensure pre-visit preparation including culturally and linguistically appropriate services
- Prepare patients for exams consistent with the purpose of the exam
- Perform related duties necessary to ensure quality patient care as requested by supervisor, including addressing barriers when the patient has not met treatment goals
- Assist provider with exams of patient and special procedures as requested
- Process all tasks, including phone calls from patients, routing as appropriate and responding in a timely manner
- Scanned and faxed documents to be read, reviewed, placed in appropriate charts and/or routed as appropriate daily
- Administer treatments including nebulizer, oral medications, pediatric and adult vaccines at the direction of the Nurse or provider
- Perform screening tests including audiometry, EKG, Pulse Ox, and peak flow meter at the direction of the provider
- Safely and accurately draws blood
- Schedule patients for follow-up appointments based on established protocol, identified need and availability of appointments; follow-up with patients who have to keep important appointments
- Clean and stock exam rooms, disinfect exam room tables, treatment and lab surfaces daily
- Exhibits customer service consistent with organizational standards
- Openly, clearly and respectfully share and receive information, opinions and concerns and feedback in a supportive manner
CHCP is a Patient Centered Medical Home which means that we believe that all aspects of a patient's life impacts their health. Our mission statement is to provide quality, affordable healthcare to all.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an approved MA Program
- Current CPR card
- Required: Novice to six (6) months; Preferred: One (1) or more years of experience as Medical Assistant. Must demonstrate required MA competencies. Experience with electronic health records highly desirable.
CHCP offers an excellent Benefits package which includes:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- Wellness program
- Tuition Assistance
- Career development/Growth opportunities
Access to the full job description is available on our website. Please go to https://#removed#/ under resources > Careers > Click Here to view our Job Portal.
Please make sure to apply on our website to be considered!