Water is the resource of the future, and at West Yost Associates we are driven to be the water firm of choice for clients and employees in our geographies. West Yost employs some of the most talented professionals in the business and is committed to the growth and development of our people. Because we are employee-owned, we are directly rewarded for our success. We aim to a values-driven mid-size company where individuals can really make a difference in the lives of others. We do this through collaborating with our clients and each other to advance the responsible, sustainable stewardship of water.
West Yost Associates offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package which includes sick leave, vacation time and vacation rewards, profit sharing, gym reimbursement, and student loan repayment benefit.
CLICK TO APPLY: #
BASIC JOB FUNCTION
The ideal candidate will have an advanced knowledge of accounting processes and experience with automated accounting systems, preferably Deltek or similar ERP systems, Concur, etc. Construction or professional services firm experience including complex contracting is preferred. The ability to work independently as well as a team environment and meet deadlines is required. The candidate must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced and exciting environment utilizing strong problem-solving skills while efficiently organizing workload and prioritizing competing responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
- Accurate and timely preparation and review of client invoices
- Conducting project review meetings
- Reviewing construction/professional services contracts and setting up jobs in the accounting system
- Clear and professional communication with project managers
- Time billing activities
- Preparation of accounts receivable and payable reconciliations and analysis reportsrequired for general ledger purposes
- Set up and modification of complex Excel spreadsheets
- Posting transactions to the general ledger
- General administration
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without written notice.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree
- 3+ years of related experience
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar, punctuation, proofreading, spelling and telephone skills
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and collaborate with various managers in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word and Outlook
- Proficiency with automated accounting systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some lifting of materials (45 lbs. or less)
- Bending, stretching, reaching required
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time
The base work week and core hours are 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position may require travel to other offices and/or client offices. Applicant must carry a valid driver’s license. Applicant must also be able to meet West Yost’s rules and be eligible to drive for business. West Yost’s insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
West Yost Associates is an Affirmative Action Participant EOE/M/F/D/V. West Yost Associates provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CLICK TO APPLY: #
Role: Project Accountant
Apply for this job now.