Compensation is based upon experience.
Quality Engineer designs, installs and evaluates opportunities for process improvements, determines Corrective/ Preventive Actions necessary for defect reductions, continuously monitors QMS through Audits and works in Team setting on reduction of COQ.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Issue Supplier Corrective Actions to suppliers for debit charges and improvement
- Coordinate pre-production/first article and prototype sample review and sign-off
- Perform incoming inspections by sampling suppliers based on priority determined by, first time use, past issue, and critical components
- Complete Supplier 1st articles for all new purchased parts
- Process nonconforming product through identification and inventory system processing ensuring root cause is addressed and documented for high cost issues
- Create Quality Plans with the Project Managers for all new projects
- Communicate customer quality expectations to production teams and suppliers
- Complete capability studies for all mill machinery
- Maintain gage calibration for all tape measures and calipers
- Assist with communication and problem solving efforts for customer issues, supplier defects, and internal defects
- Assist production associates to meet customer requirements through training and process audits
- Collaborate with receiving, production, engineering, purchasing, project management, shipping and HR to develop quality management systems that assure continuous improvement
- Administer sampling procedures to record, evaluate and report quality and reliability data
- Test and conduct routine and non-routine analysis of raw materials, in-process, and finished product, using a variety of testing devices and procedures to maintain product quality
- Collect and record results of sampling and testing to maintain record of product quality
- Organize and coordinate various areas of the organization related to product quality
- Assist management in planning and establishing schedules and follow up performance against estimates
- Recommend new policies or procedures as necessary to management to assure high quality of product
- Assemble cost control and statistical data
- Audits processes for compliance with the idX Company Fundamentals
- Helps to establish and maintain the Quality Management Strategy across all divisional departments
- 5+ years experience as a Quality Technician, or similar role, required in a wood and/or metal manufacturing environment, store fixture industry preferred
- 2+ years in a lead capacity within a Quality Assurance Team
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and standards
- The ability to create and maintain spreadsheets along with a basic understanding of ERP software, Vantage preferred
- The ability to express oneself professionally utilizing both verbal and written communications
- Basic understanding of how to successfully manage and motivate a Quality Assurance team
idX is the premier custom, global solution provider for consumer environment design, manufacturing, rollout and installation for many of the largest and most recognizable brands in the world. idX’s broad expertise spans across many business segments including restaurant, grocery, convenience, fashion retail, consumer electronics, automotive, financial and health care.
For fixtures and displays, idX has expertise in material integration, specializing in wood, metal, glass, acrylic, vacuum forming, injection molding, laminate and veneers. For décor and graphics, idX works with all materials including foam board, styrene, expanded PVC (Sintra) and fabric, offering three-dimensional décor, large format digital printing and silk screen printing.
idX is a financially strong company with continued growth since our incorporation. We have state of the art manufacturing facilities strategically located across North America, with locations in Europe and Asia, plus vast corporate resources which allow us to meet the needs of global customers.
With nearly 25 years of experience, idX is dedicated to continuously supply our customers with high quality, efficiently engineered, innovative products, timely deliveries and exceptional service.
idX - Providing complete solutions and driving retail experiences for your consumer environments around the world.
Role: Quality Engineer - Supervisor
Location: Cedar Hill,
Apply for this job now.