The Clinical Supervisor possesses and implements a basic knowledge and educational background applicable to work with individuals, groups, other disciplines, and community systems within as well as outside the agency. The Clinical Supervisor supervises and trains the Community Based STRTP therapists in their day-to-day responsibilities including, but not limited to, clinical work, documentation, teamwork and general supervision. Working closely with the Clinical Director, Group Home Director, and other STRTP Administrators, the Clinical Supervisor facilitates collaboration amongst the Residential Program, Optimist Charter School, community, community based schools, and resources within the community. This position is responsible for the effective implementation of the agency’s program statement, policies and procedures for STRTP Mental Health services according to the standards of State Licensing, Council on Accreditation, Probation, DMH and other regulatory bodies.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Responsible for the direct clinical supervision of the therapists and therapist interns in the Community Based STRTPs.
2. Meets weekly with assigned therapists for BBS individual and/or group supervision.
3. Assumes primary/hands on, integrative role of training new therapists (in conjunction with the Clinical Trainer).
4. Provides consultation and assists in the formulation and implementation of individualized treatment plans, services, and interventions to meet the needs of the residents and families from intake through discharge.
5. Ensures/reinforces that strengths-based, trauma-informed, culturally responsive, and client and family-centered approaches following the Core Practice Model are being utilized.
6. Observes the day-to-day operations of the residential program including attending groups and team/treatment team meetings weekly.
7. Provides clinical guidance and direct training to staff. In-service topics will vary but will be assigned based on specific areas of expertise or areas of interest.
8. Participates in case consultations, crisis interventions, CFT meetings, and team buildings as needed
9. During therapist’s extended absences, covers clinical issues and groups for assigned programs.
10. Tracks and reviews Probation and DMH documentation for completeness and accuracy, returning for corrections as needed.
11. Evaluates supervisees on a timely basis, including disciplinary actions.
12. Works collaboratively with the Director of Group Homes in overseeing the day-to-day operations and covers as needed.
13. Works collaboratively with the other STRTP Clinical Supervisors to ensure consistency.
14. Assists in the hiring of STRTP therapists.
15. Requires some travel between the Main Campus and Community Based STRTP s.
16. Attends and participates in mandatory training and in-services, maintaining mandatory training hours as outlined by CCL and/or DMH.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist registered with the BBS, Licensed Clinical Social Worker with prior supervisory experience preferred.
2. Experience working in a residential setting and/or with at-risk adolescent population.
3. Proficient in DMH documentation and Electronic Health Records Systems.
4. Strong verbal, writing, and teamwork skills.
5. All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and adolescents who are served by our agencies. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression, and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions as well as inappropriate emotional expression are not acceptable.
Must be able to pass criminal/fingerprinting background check, TB Test, Physical Exam and Drug Testing.
Must have a valid California Drivers License and a clear DMV record. Must have the visual, physical and
technical ability to independently operate a variety of office equipment including the use of a computer.
Will also require bending, stooping, filing, lifting of office files. Ability to verbally communicate well
Founded in 1906, Optimist Youth Homes & Family Services is among the largest non-profit behavioral health agencies in California. We provide comprehensive, culturally sensitive therapeutic services to at-risk adolescents, youth and families. Our main campus in Highland Park houses 85 boys, between the ages of 12-18. Our program consists of an independent living program, aftercare program, and other cutting-edge mental health services. Our six-bed group homes are located in Eagle Rock, South Bay, the San Fernando Valley, and Van Nuys. Our foster family agencies, located in Los Angeles County and Palmdale certify foster homes and provide clinical services to foster placements and their families.
Role: Clinical Supervisor - Community Based STRTP
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.