Valiant Construction is seeking a Project Manager to lead $10MM design/build construction project from design development thru submission of as-builts. Valiant has active job sites in locations ranging from Indianapolis, IN to Winston-Salem, NC to Fargo, ND. PM must have the skills and ability to lead the internal project team consisting of an Assistant Project Manager, Project Superintendent, and QC Foreman.
MUST HAVES -- Education, Experience, Location
- Must have --- Bachelor's Degree from College or University (Engineering, Construction, Management, Architecture)
- Must have --- Minimum of 5+ years experience working for a General Contractor as a Project Manager
- Must have --- Residences or willingness to relocate to the Louisville, KY area and travel to the job sites twice per month
Must keep A/E, Owner, and subcontractors working in harmony and delivery resoundingly successfully projects. The PM should be personable and approachable, yet firm when need be. Must be energetic, motivated, and detail-orientated. Responsible for seeing the project through from award to final pay application. Must have high character. Think, act, and behave like the owners of the company. Treats subs fairly—we don’t want them to perform any work for free and, at the same time, there are no free lunches.
- Ability to make the complex simple (must be able to transcribe intricate project details into smaller, easy to complete activities)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute (be a good planner and stay organized)
- Direct and lead the work of a team
- Ensure deadlines and cost targets are met
- Pays attention to details, review submittals thoroughly and tightly manage projects.
- Healthcare and federal construction experience a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong leadership qualities
- Confident, positive, enthusiastic, team leader
Valiant Construction is a Louisville, KY-based General Contractor, Design/Builder, and Construction Manager. We perform technically complex construction projects for U.S. federal government agencies including the Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs, and General Services Administration. Valiant is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). Founded in 2009, Valiant has since grown to employee 40 construction managers and support staff working throughout the Midwest and Southeast.
Role: Project Manager - General Contractor
Apply for this job now.