We are looking for a candidate who will become a part of the team architecting and building cloud-native systems and enabling digital transformation for Fortune 500 / Global 2000 customers. The Cloud Solutions Architect is a client-facing role with the following primary responsibilities:
Guide enterprise-level customers through their cloud transformation journeys by sharing experience in designing distributed solutions using cloud-native platforms (Cloud Foundry, Docker and/or Kubernetes).
Work with external consultants on migrating existing applications to a cloud-native platform
Drive evaluation of different platforms, gather information on differences in cloud-native implementations, run research on the platform behavior under different workloads.
Mentor and train developers in building cloud-native applications based on scalable, portable, and resilient designs
Education and Experience Required:
Industry experience - 5 years to 10 years Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience as a developer and/or Architect positions
- 3-5 years of experience in a client-facing role
- Experience in building and operating distributed, concurrent systems
- Hands-on experience with designing and developing microservices
- Hands-on experience with any of the following IaaS platforms: AWS, OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, or Google Compute Engine
- Familiarity with design patterns, domain-driven design, component-based architecture, and evolutionary architecture
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-native architecture concepts, understanding of high availability, scalability, resilience, performance, and security requirements in the cloud
- Must be open to traveling around the U.S.
- Must be located in major metropolitan hub in Americas or willing to relocate to Austin, Houston or DFW area
- Must possess key concepts, principles and best practices for cloud-native app development
- Migration to Cloud Native Application Architectures
- Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes platforms for cloud-native development
Your Typical Tasks Will Be
- Advise customers on the architectural aspects of cloud-based applications to reach high levels of performance, scalability, and security
- Roadmap development for migrating a monolithic application to micro-service architecture
- Review a platform used by a customer and suggest improvements in automation, CI/CD practices, security, and platform services
- Train the customer’s team on how to work with a cloud-native platform. Delivered in the form of day 2 training and knowledge transfer
- Able to play a leadership role in business development activities for medium to large opportunities.
- Lead in identifying, qualifying, and closing medium to large opportunities .
- Position the company offering against the competition .
- Be able to provide the company with voice of the account .
- Play key role in preparing proposals and bids for medium to large opportunities. .
- Build rapport and trust with client .
- Demonstrates excellent consultative, solution selling skills.
- Collaborates effectively with the project manager to manage regional medium to large projects as necessary. For architectures of project scope may include the technical management of customer staff assigned to implementation team.
- Plays a leading role in the Architect profession at the local level.
- Makes consistent and ongoing contributions (at least 2 per year) to the company knowledge systems.
- Make formal recommendations to customers to improve the level of job satisfaction for other company employees working on the project.
- Can contribute in the development of new company services and modifications to the methodology.
- Assists in development and delivery of training.
- Coaches and mentors Specialist level architects.
- Participates in defining the company unit's processes, standards, and policies .
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer's senior level management.
- Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including senior level management.
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates a mix of Strategic information and Tactical information.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.
Interesting challenges ever day.
Role: Cloud Security Migration Architect (#11322812)
Apply for this job now.