VisionIT is looking for an Quality Engineer in Chicago , IL. The position will be in a fast-paced global enterprise environment and will require the Quality Engineer to be onsite. The ideal Quality Engineer must have leadership and communication skills in addition to technical expertise in quality control. Job Requirements:
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Establishment of quality engineering disciplines during the development phases of the product to ensure that quality objectives are met.
• Engineer, document, communicate and/or implement quality deliverables as defined by internal procedures, customer requirements, and industry standards for assigned, advanced program commodities.
• Reporting of APQP status and issues that may directly or indirectly lead to the detriment of quality or financial performance of the assigned advanced program commodities. (As required based on business model)
• Interface with the customer and suppliers on quality related issues.
• Lead the problem solving activity for internal and external (customer and supplier) related quality issues, in compliance with the Business Operating System and supporting documentation.
• Establish and maintain PPAP / APQP documentation to ensure it meets customer and AIAG requirements and applicable team members are properly trained. Facilitate communication between shifts on documentation changes/ updates.
• Review, disposition, and documented communication of discrepancies for supplier sample submissions of new or changed, advanced program materials.
• Coordination and preparation of required inputs and outputs to ensure that customer product; material, and documentation submissions are accurate, timely and complete.
• Monitor supplier quality initiative, performance management, corrective actions and document performance as required. (As required based on business model)
• Comply with the Business Operating System, Quality methodologies, company and department objectives and business practices to ensure productivity and quality goals are achieved.
• Attend and report out during Change Control meetings on assigned systems.
• Supervise and Manage Quality Coordinator daily activities, as assigned.
• Document all activities as required.
• Adhere to all company guidelines for Emergency Evacuation to ensure employee safety.
• Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
Limits of Authority:
• Advise Department Manager of those situations that may pose a significant risk to the program, product assurance, facilities, employee safety or customer satisfaction results.
• Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, process & systems.
• Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process or system.
• Initiate, recommend or provide solutions thought the appropriate channels and verify implementation.
• Control further processing and delivery of nonconforming product until the deficiency is corrected.
• Approve Supplier Part Submission documentation and corrective action plans, including DMN’s. (As required based on business model)
Basic Education, Experience and Skills Required:
• Minimum four (4) year degree in Quality Control or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• At least 3 years in automotive manufacturing environment as inspector or quality supervisor
• Minimum of 1 year experience in supplier & customer related quality engineering role
• Minimum of 1 year experience in AQP on new products in automotive industry
• Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Completion
• Core tools ( PPAP, SPC, FMEA, MSA, APQP, Control Plan)
• Demonstrate competency in metrology, blueprint reading, statistical techniques and color/appearance measurement
• Color and /or appearance testing approval for product inspection
• Able to maintain confidentiality on products, services and processes
• Up to 15% travel required
• Valid driver’s license required