Must be US Citizen able to obtain Public Trust
Top Three Skills:1) Strong full stack developer. JAVA is the preferred environment. This is more mid-level and will involve maintenance.
2) Need someone that can work in an AGILE, TDD environment while this project gets off and running.
3) Government experience preferred.
Job Description: POSITION DESCRIPTION
The senior candidate is responsible for development and support of a distributed enterprise application with external and internal interfaces utilizing Microservices and business automation patterns to modernize and existing system from the ground up. In addition to the creation of custom software within an Agile & DevSecOps environment, the candidate should exhibit excellent problem solving and data analysis skills as well as a proven ability to work independently. The mid-level candidate will focus on design, maintenance, and testing of the software built on a new technology stack using industry standard tools and design patterns. It is essential that this candidate have exceptional communication skills and be flexible with technology, environment and priorities.
Candidate should have no less than 2 years of experience in a software engineering position.
• Design and design, develop and test enterprise web services API’s and backend services
• Work with product management to translate requirements into technical design and provide estimates
• Define and implement unit and integration tests
• Develop high quality, shippable code in short increments
• Work closely with engineering and QA to manage and improve the development pipeline
• Work closely with security to meet required security controls
Skills and Responsibilities:
• Experience in enterprise software design, implementation, and deployment
• Experience working with Scrum based development teams
• Familiarity with JSON, YAML, XML
• Familiarity automating business processes and/or rules through use of BPM or similar technology
• Familiarity working with distributed, modular system architectures (i.e. Microservices, SOA)
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP network stack and best practices for enterprise application security
• Experience using Postman or similar tool for testing web services
• Experience with application servers/containers such as JBoss, Tomcat or similar
• Basic Bash and SSH experience on RHEL
• Experience utilizing continuous integration and deployment tools
• Experience working with relational and NoSQL data stores
Soft skills include:
• Ability to analyze someone else’s code and assume ownership
• Perform code reviews
• Discipline to document your own code
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with varying priorities
• Ability to communicate ideas in a variety of formats
• Adheres to Agile development methodology
Knowledge of the following areas a plus:
• JIRA, Bamboo or Jenkins, Bitbucket (Git), Confluence
• Security clearance
• ORM (Hibernate, JPA, other)
• Eclipse, IntelliJ or similar IDE
• Docker, Kubernetes
• Web accessibility knowledge
Additional Information: *Must be U.S. Citizen
Ability to attain Federal Government Position of Trust
Work Environment: USDA/ Government Campus
Interview Information: 1) Onsite with SME
Impact to the Internal/External Customer:Direct impact to the users.
Ability and accessibility to resources.
EVP: Obtain or keep a Clearance
Work in a government environment which is stable.
- Direct user impact
- Helps citizens in need of resources
- High priority project by the White House and Congress
Network with professionals at one of the largest employers in Fort Collins.
Non-Technical Skills: Collaborative and communicative. We need someone that can lead/ mentor and work alone.
Why is position open?: Growth of projects
Project Stage/Lifecycle Info: All
Technical Environment: Java, JS Laibraries, Testing, Data
Travel Details: None
Drug Test: No
Background Check: Yes
Additional Compliance: Ability to attain Federal Government Position of Trust
Competition Info: Internal ACE recruiter
Hours of OT Anticipated: 0
Role: Java Developer
Location: Fort Collins,
Apply for this job now.