If you want to get to a better place, then look big picture. Look for a move that makes great sense for your career and where the culture makes you happy to go to work.
For example this position, in a fast paced, fun loving central billing office. The pros here get the job done, but know how to appreciate their teammates well.
We need someone who understands Insurance Verification and can work well on their own, or with a team, when needed.
This is a chance to work with some real pros with great leadership instincts.
The Insurance Verification clerk is responsible for ensuring the facility will be reimbursed for the procedures performed by calculating self-pay, costs, verifying eligibility and benefits, obtaining authorizations and comparing procedures scheduled against insurance contracts and approved ASC procedure listings.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Verify that sufficient information is available for accurate verification and eligibility. This step may require direct contact with the physician office and/or the patient.
- Utilize the centers selected vendor for claims and eligibility and/or individual payer websites to obtain eligibility, benefits and/or pre-certs and authorization information.
- Enter the patient insurance information into patient accounting system ensuring the selection is the appropriate payer and associated financial class.
- Obtain authorizations from insurance companies/physician offices/Ensure the authorization has not expired.
- Calculate co-pay, and estimated co-insurance due from patients per the individual payer contract and plan as applicable.
- Be familiar with individual payer guidelines and the process of collecting over the counter payments/deductibles/co-pay/co-insurance. Knowledge of payer contracts including Medicare, Medicaid and other government contracts and guidelines and workmen’s compensation fee schedule.
- Contact the patient and communicate the center financial policy
- The insurance verifier will document the findings in the patient account and will contact the patient with either estimated co-insurance, co-pay and or deductible amounts due on or before the date of service as applicable.
- Document all information and outcomes in the Patient Accounting System.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year College or technical school preferred
- Three - five years’ experience in a medical office, hospital, outpatient surgery center or related field
- Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology
Dynamic GlobalTM was created in 2007 with the sole purpose of becoming the leading provider of staffing and recruiting solutions for clients and candidates across the Information Technology and Healthcare industries. Specific to the healthcare vertical, our service offerings include Revenue Cycle Management, Sales & Marketing, Clinical and I.T. Services. Our I.T. division has a worldwide network of industry specific consultants in the Software, Healthcare, Financial Services & Energy sectors.
Dynamic GlobalTM is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws including but not limited to those prohibiting discrimination based solely on a persons race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, military status or status as disabled veteran, genetic information or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Role: Insurance Verification Specialist
Apply for this job now.