EPG is seeking a Seasonal Biologist with avian expertise.
Qualifications and skills required
- Experience conducting avian point counts, raptor nest surveys, and/or sage-grouse lek surveys
- Ability to identify western birds by sight and sound
- Proficiency with GPS data collection
- Ability to hike up to 10 miles per day in variable terrain and weather
- An excellent attitude and good teamwork and communication skills
Education and experience required
- A bachelor's or master's degree in wildlife biology, zoology, or ecology; or two years' worth of coursework pursuant to the majors listed
- At least one season of field experience with avian point counts, raptor nest surveys, and/or sage-grouse lek counts
Job responsibilities include assisting with the following
- Conducting avian point count surveys, migratory bird nest clearance surveys, raptor nest surveys, and/or sage-grouse lek surveys
- Assisting with report preparation and project coordination
- The work schedule will vary depending on the job. Lodging and per diem will be provided depending on distance and job requirements.
- This is a non-exempt temporary employment position; hourly salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Salary is negotiable based on relevant experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter listing at least 3 references to:
Environmental Planning Group, LLC Human Resources via email at #removed#
Environmental Planning Group, LLC (EPG) is an interdisciplinary planning and landscape architecture firm of professionals and resource specialists offering environmental planning, landscape architecture, biological and cultural resources, information technology/GIS, graphic design, public involvement, environmental compliance, and construction monitoring services.
We understand the natural, cultural, and human environment, allowing us to achieve planning and design solutions that balance growth, development, and the environment, and enrich the quality of life for the communities involved. Inherent in our project success is the diversity, talents, skills, and creativity of our group; our foundation in a process; our team approach and commitment to quality; our utilization of advancing technology; and clear, concise communication.
With staff located in five offices located in the western US, we work on a variety of project types, scales, and in different locations. Please visit #removed# for more information on the types of projects we are engaged on.
No calls to our office locations regarding employment will be accepted.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume, a cover letter, and at least three references.
Role: Seasonal Biologist - Avian Specialist
Location: Salt Lake City,
Apply for this job now.