Unique opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Fitter / Technician to join an engineering and construction training organisation, MKC Training, based at The Royal School of Military Engineering in Chatham, Kent. 12 month assignment.
Applicants can be Mechanically or Electrically biased, but ideally multi-skilled.
Monday to Friday 37 hours - Monday to Thursday 7.45 - 4.15, early finish Fridays.
The Maintenance Fitter will be responsible for the inspection, testing and repair of electrical and mechanical machinery and equipment used within the technical trade workshops, offices and classrooms. You will be working on a variety of machinery, facilities, learning aids, and specialist military equipment used in the Army by the Royal Engineers.
Candidates will have completed a recognised apprenticeship with relevant qualifications; City and Guilds. NVQ. 17th Edition IEE Regulations.
Maintenance Technician Experience Requirements
- AC/DC motor and generators
- Maintenance and operation of switchgear
- Control gear and equipment
- Electric portable tools
- Welding machines
- Workshop wiring and distribution systems
- Ability to fault find on controls and equipment
- Pat Testing
- Machine turning, Milling, Bench fitting
- Welding and brazing
- Sheet metal work
- Petrol and diesel engines/generators
- Pumps and hydraulics
- Servicing of small and large machines
- Able to read and interpret engineering diagrams and charts
- Ability to works at heights
- Full UK driving licence
Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out duties as directed by the Planned Maintenance Programme.
- Diagnose and rectify faults. Identify parts or components required to make suitable repair.
- Inspect, test and certify safe to use all Electrical / Mechanical appliances in the workshop, offices and classrooms including PAT testing, equipment used for working at heights and portable oxy-fuel tank
- Install and commission new machinery and equipment in accordance with agreed levels of responsibility and to manufacturer's specification and current legislation.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment. Clear waste materials and leave all work places clean and tidy on completion of tasks.
- Maintain a small ready to use store, advising the HOD of parts required.
- Attend training courses and meetings to keep up to date with MKCTS business activities and to ensure compliance with statutory legislation to enable the Maintenance Electrician to carry out the role competently and safely
- Carry out those duties and tasks as directed by supervisors and managers
- Ensure compliance with all statutory regulations and guidelines pertinent to the performance and delivery of the job
Our client, MKC Training Services Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. They are an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person's age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training Services Ltd follows the DBS Code of Practice.
Note to Recruitment Agencies - this recruitment project is under a managed service contract - direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.