Bar & Grill Manager
RM Riley Enterprise, Inc. is looking for an upbeat and experienced Bar & Grill Manager to oversee our business operations in the Quad Cities area. We are a small-town establishment and your ability to execute on our goals and objectives, while maintaining a focused on long-term profitability, is key. You must have a passion for Service Excellence and everything that is required to achieve it, including leadership and governance.
This position will have overall responsible for the following:
- Hiring and staff development, enforcing service standards, insuring consistency and training on core mixology & food recipes.
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to insure proper staffing during business hours.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and create a positive work environment
- Hold regular staff meetings, conduct employee reviews, enforce disciplinary actions
- Maintain business financials including POS system, handling cash and manage business bank accounts.
- Review & approve weekly payroll; insure alignment with budgeted costs
- Insure established profit margins are achieved on products by maintaining build sheets; monitor and propose necessary changes on a quarterly basis
- Inventory management to include: maintaining inventory levels, vendor relationships, ordering, controlling costs and product quality.
- Create weekly specials, maintain core menu accuracy
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, days, weekends and holidays as required
- Planning and overseeing events; maintain an event calendar, book events, insure proper staffing & inventory to meet event demands
- Manage all business social media such as Facebook and yelp
- Maintain and renew all required business licenses and agreements
- Set and enforcing quality and safety controls
- Visually inspect and take actions to ensure the establishment is clean and organized and all equipment is in working order, day to day operations and most important the customer experience
- Regularly monitor supplies, to include glassware, silverware and condiments, to ensure establishment is properly stocked
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position
- Able to create basic business reports for inventory, pricing, payroll and general
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Understand safety policy & procedures as well as sanitary practices
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- The ability to effectively deal with employees and customers with a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Maintain all standards including grooming and dress code.
- Strong understanding of business management and accounting principles
- Able to create basic reports for inventory, pricing, payroll, etc.
- Excellent organizational & Interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Meets legal age requirements for the position
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Experience in bar/restaurant management; 3+ years preferred
- Food Manager Certification / Basset Training
- High School Education but College Degree preferred
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule of nights, days, weekends and holidays
Salary: Competitive, based on qualification & experience, bonus structure available
Job Type: Full-time
Role: Bar & Grill Manager
Apply for this job now.