Company: MBDA UK
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: 35000 - 40000 - Benefits:
MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure TomorrowReference Number: R01689
An opportunity has arisen within a fast moving Logistics Team for a Principal Shipping Officer to manage the shipping team whilst liaising and working closely with our export control team, local customs officers and freight forwarders to effectively Import / Export product in the UK.
What we're looking for
Here's what’s in it for you
- Detailed knowledge of UK Movements and International Trade, import / export legislation and processes
- Ability to adapt style of communication to ensure effective delivery of service
- Strength of character not to deviate from process when other demands conflict.
What would you get?
- Managing an established shipping team to meet business demands with Import / Exports for all Manufacturing
- The chance to employ skills and knowledge to MBDA bringing best practice working across the shipping teams in Bolton and Stevenage
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities!
Join a great team!
- Manage the Shipping Team at Bolton to deliver a benchmark export and shipping service to the business
- Ensure timely delivery of product in line with project demands.
- Creation, completion and management of documentation required to effect export deliveries, to include, transport documents, hazardous goods note, customs formalities etc.
- Ensure topicality of Import, Export and Transport Registers, Hazardous Goods Registers, MOD Form 640 MOD Form 650 Registers
- Liaise with transport and freight forwarding companies both UK and International to ensure worldwide delivery of hardware maintaining compliance with both MBDA Processes and external legislation
- Promotion of functional excellence
- Assist Export Control Department in compliance with regards to Export Licences, working closely with them to achieve and maintain DIT Accreditation
- Maintain topicality with all transport legislation up to and including prohibited weapons level
- Establish and maintain best practice utilising continuous improvement activities
- Identify process improvements to create an efficient and cost effective service
- Produce and implement KPI’s
- Ensure all Staff Training records are topical
- Bring Best Practice to the team working closely with the shipping team in Stevenage to align processes.
- Promote and maintain effective working relationships with Trade Unions
- Maintain Health & Safety for area of responsibility, ensuring good housekeeping and a safe working environment that is consistent with all Health & Safety at Work and COSHH requirements.
- Maintain AAC Accreditation for MOD Stock
You will be managing a dynamic, focussed team responsible for Imports / Export in the UK from the Bolton Manufacturing Site.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential.
We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working ; MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.