Litigation Secretary Needed - San Francisco
Major law firm has an opening for a Legal Secretary in the firm's dynamic and growing San Francisco office. Ideal candidates will have 8-10+ years of Legal Secretary experience with superior litigation skills. The Secretary will support attorneys in both litigation and corporate practice areas. Corporate experience is preferred, however litigation secretaries with the desire to learn will also be considered.
• Coordinates and maintains effective office procedures and efficient work flow; complies with policies and procedures set by employer; establishes and maintains harmonious working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, clients, etc.
• Handles scheduling and travel arrangements. Schedules court appearances, depositions, arbitrations, mediations, client meetings and conference calls; arranges business itineraries and coordinates lawyers’ travel arrangements; processes travel reimbursements; maintains calendar and due dates for lawyers as required.
• Organizes and coordinates flow of information. Sorts, reads and annotates incoming mail and documents as required - attaches appropriate file to facilitate necessary action; determines routing, signatures required, and maintains follow-ups. Answers phones and directs callers to appropriate persons as circumstances warrant. Receives and assists visitors.
• Types and composes general correspondence, memos, legal documents, faxes, reports, etc. from various sources (e.g.,
handwritten notes, tape dictation).
• Prepares communications outlined by lawyer in oral or written directions. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy. Correlates and edits materials submitted by others. Organizes material that may be presented to lawyers in draft format. Ensures that all correspondence or other documentation is dispatched in a timely manner (via mail, messenger, express delivery services, etc.)
• Prepares draft pleadings such as briefs, complaints, motions, subpoenas, summonses, using firm templates and information from attorneys. Prepares motion binders and special working binders. Coordinates multi-document filings in both state and federal courts, including E-filings.
• Establishes and maintains filing and records, in both hard copy and electronic formats. Files information in a timely manner. Retrieves information from files as requested. Sends files to storage on a periodic basis. Updates subscription books as required.
• Enters lawyers’ time on a daily basis and sends to accounting by month-end deadlines. Prepares client billing as required.
• Researches and abstracts information and support data in preparation for meetings, work projects, and reports.
• Creates and maintains up-to-date desk manual on specific instructions and responsibilities for the secretarial share.
• Takes action authorized by Attorneys or Office Manager using initiative and good judgment in handling matters.
• Notifies appropriate parties the status of assigned attorneys; notifies Office Manager about availability to assist with overflow work.
• Timely and regular attendance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 8 to 10+ years of prior legal secretary experience.
• Litigation experience is required. Corporate experience is preferred (will train the right candidate).
• High School diploma or equivalent is required.
• College degree preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize, coordinate work, juggle multiple priorities and manage deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to manage workflow and delegate projects as necessary.
• Ability to think critically and analytically in a pressured environment.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with various levels of staff within the organization.
• Ability to work productively and cooperatively with other employees.
• Ability to constantly learn new skills as they become necessary.
• Equipment: computer, duplicating machines, scanners.
• Systems: iManage, MS Office, Elite, Webview, Chrome River, CovReservation
The Secretary will support the office managing partner amongst other attorneys.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations)
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Role: Litigation/Corporate Legal Secretary
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.