One of Milwaukee's Premier Restaurants seeks an experienced General Manager to lead its Service and Culinary Team. The ideal Candidate will have extensive experience in Fine Dining, Wine and Craft Cocktails. We seek a Team builder and Leader that has a great Floor presence and works to ensure a memorable Guest experience. If you are looking for a new opportunity with a well-established stable company with a Culture the is Guest experience and Team focused with many outlets and operations to offer growth opportunities, then you have found what you are looking for. Please apply today!
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Leads Team by example
- Creates a restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by developing financing; preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets
- Attracts patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs
- Controls purchases and inventory; reviewing and evaluating consumption reports
- Maintains operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures by implementing production, productivity, quality, and guest-service standards
- Maintains guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings
- Builds a strong Team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions
General Manager Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of Food & Beverage operations and preparation techniques
- Knowledge of Beverage operations and understanding wine varieties, labels and vintages
- Mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other hotel financial statement
- Ability to work entire shift standing and moving about in restaurants and kitchen areas
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve
- High school diploma required. College degree not required but equal work experience equality
- Position requires 2 years-previous Food & Beverage and supervisory experience fine dining/steakhouse atmosphere preferred
- Additional language ability preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint helpful, Outlook, and POS systems
Benefits we offer our Team:
- The position is eligible for a quarterly bonus
- Additional Benefits Include:
- Medical, dental, vision - we offer multiple competitive options with top providers.
- Vacation time & Holidays
- Short-term and long-term disability - at no expense to our associates after one year of employment.
- Life insurance - equal to the associate's annual salary, plus an accidental death and dismemberment benefit that are both provided at no cost to the associate. Additional life insurance for spouse and dependents can be purchased as well.
- 401 (k) - extremely competitive 401 (k) plan that associates are eligible for 90 days after starting.
REACH: We have successfully recruited in the hospitality, medical, finance and accounting, and manufacturing and engineering industries. We have a diverse group of clients within each of our industries that support our ability to connect candidates with the opportunities that are right for them.
DEPTH: We approach things a little differently than most recruiting companies. We build relationships with our clients and candidates in order to aid in making a successful long-term match.
SUPPORT: We pride ourselves on being partners and guides with our candidates and clients as we develop an intelligent, hand tailored process that does not waste their time.
See more information about open positions on our Goodwin Recruiting website:
Role: Restaurant General Manager
Apply for this job now.