Generac Power Systems - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Oshkosh, WI is seeking a Welder I - 1st Shift.
The Welder I is expected to perform Mig welding or electric welding in the fabrication of parts, to be used in the assembly of product lines to create a high quality finished product. Components may be standardized or customized as to design and function. This position reports directly to Production Manager or Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular and prompt attendance and the ability to work schedule as define and overtime as required.
- Receive instructions, prints and work orders for each job. Plan details of working procedure, tools and material requirements
- Perform basic welds involving varying degrees of precision and control
- Clean and prepare surfaces to be welded. Set up, assemble and tack weld parts
- Use of hoists, mechanical drawings, and fabrication equipment
- Perform work in adherence with quality standards
- Practice safe work habits, following safety guidelines with respect to operation and personal safety gear, and support company safety initiatives
- Ensure and observe all safety and housekeeping rules and guidelines including proper machine guarding and lockout/tagout procedures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls.
- High School, or Certification
- An understanding of welding fundamentals
- Basic welding experience and/or training
- Basic knowledge of Mig Welding Equipment
- Successful completion of internal weld test
- Working towards apprenticeship or certification
- Ability to follow direction and work in a team environment
- Preferred experience on equipment and automation consistent with a metal fabrication, paint, and assembly operation.
- Intermediate mechanical aptitude, ability to understand complex issues and systematically work toward resolution.
- Previous experience with inventory control methods.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Temperatures can vary from cool to warm depending upon the season. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
Founded in 1959 by Robert Kern, Generac has grown into a truly global company. Publicly held since 2010 (NYSE: GNRC), Generac’s Powering Ahead Strategy has led the company to countless product innovations and acquisitions, including its biggest purchase to date — a majority interest in Pramac, a leading global manufacturer. Now with multiple locations around the world, Generac looks forward to continuing its proud history as an innovator and manufacturer of generators and engine-powered tools.
Apply for this job now.