Learning Support Assistant (PRU)
- LSA/TA/Behaviour Mentor
- SEMH/SEBD/EBD Secondary Support
- Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
- Full-time positions
- South-West London
Teaching Personnel are currently looking for Learning Support Assistants to work in a secondary pupil referral unit in Wandsworth. This is a full-time position starting from 19th April 2021.
We are looking for someone who has experience supporting pupils 1:1 with social and emotional mental health (SEMH), challenging behaviours and/or learning difficulties. The successful candidate should have a strong behaviour management skills and passion with working with children that have SEMH and/or from disadvantaged backgrounds. The successful candidate will be working within an incredible provision with a holistic approach to supporting pupils with additional needs.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a school where staff are valued and can use their skills to engage students. It is ran by a fantastic Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team who focus on building positive relationships with staff and pupils.
Required Skills and Expertise
- Previous experience of working 1:1 with additional needs, including Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH/EBD) ADHD/ADD and Autism (ASC/ASD)
- Knowledge of the UK national curriculum (Secondary phase KS3-KS4)
- Have excellent behaviour management skills
- Be an excellent, inspiring Learning Support Assistant
- Be able to creatively contribute to the development of the pupils and the provision
- Having HLTA or overseas Teacher training is beneficial as the school regularly requires confident LSA to lead small sessions
To be considered for this opportunity, or find out more, please forward a CV as soon as possible.