- Coordinate with tax department members to support broad range of tax issue’s including compiling data for tax compliance, analyzing data for completeness and transmitting the data to the compliance group in order to file the companies returns in a timely manner.
- Work closely with tax consultants on indirect tax compliance engagements.
- Provide guidance for all divisions in the handling of their various tax related transactions including their sales of products and services to customers, purchases or various items etc.
- Assist with the management of customer exemption certificate’s including reviewing for completeness, making the determination if the certificate supports the tax exemption being applied and applying the exemption to customer’s account when accepted.
- Assist with tax audits, including gathering of data to present to tax jurisdiction auditors, communicating with company business units to understand various types of transactions, and support incoming inquiries from tax auditors.
- Research and document various tax issues associated with the print and logistics business lines and maintain company tax systems to keep with in compliance and updated for changes to tax laws and policies.
- Support the income tax function in the preparation of income tax returns and apportionment data and other special projects as needed.
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or Finance
- Two or more years’ experience including working directly with indirect tax issues either in a corporate and/or a public accounting firm.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
Grayson Search Partners is a Chicago-based executive search firm specializing in the placement of accounting, finance and technology professionals. By identifying and marketing top finance, accounting and technical talent, we have built long-standing relationships with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-up growth based companies. At Grayson, we understand the value of our relationships and seek to be a true partner to our clients and our candidates throughout their business and career paths.
Role: Tax Associate
Apply for this job now.