The Royalty Accountant is involved in all aspects of the recording of financial activity related to author publishing agreements. This includes the monthly fiscal close processing, recording of journal entries to the general ledger, monthly financial reporting, account reconciliations and analysis of financial results.
Perform month-end fiscal close (posting JE’s, reports, analysis, etc.) per the fiscal close calendar and in adherence to corporate policies, procedures and internal controls.
Prepare all Author Advance and Accrued Royalty Payable reconciliations in compliance with policies and procedures. Investigate and resolve variances in a timely manner.
Ad-hoc on demand support of the Business Units on any author advance, accrued royalty payable, or royalty expense related inquiries.
Perform monthly royalty earned on sales financial analysis as part of internal controls to identify any unusual and/or incorrect items to be brought to the attention of Royalty Contract Entry, Royalty Author Relations, and/or the Business Units for remediation.
Review monthly exception reporting to identify and reduce reconciliation variances.
Support Royalty Accounting and Controls Manager in the ongoing review of Accounting and Controls procedures and processes for efficiencies and improvements
Preparation and Submission of monthly and quarterly Advance/Advance Reserve and Royalty Payable related reporting to Business Units in compliance with policies and procedures.
· Prepare supporting documentation in accordance with policies/requirements for reconciliations, Journal Entries, reporting and internal controls.
· Support Accounting and Controls Manager on any internal/external audits. Provide necessary documentation as per SOX requirements and policies and procedures.
· Coordinate with Business Units and other teams as necessary to resolve specific queries/issues.
· Continuous Improvement
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
· BS in Accounting degree
· Accounting experience a plus.
· Strong analytical skills are required including the ability to work with large amounts of detail data to organize and analyze under this position’s responsibilities.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills are required as position will work with individuals across various functional areas and levels within the company as well as external customers such as audit firms.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS-Office tools such as excel, access and power point.
· Experience in other software applications Oracle, TM1, and Blackline a plus.
Individual must be detail oriented, be able to work in a pressure environment with deadlines.
At Custom Staffing we know not everybody has the same needs. Are you looking for a flexible way to make extra money in addition to your primary job? Are you in between creative positions and looking to get experience in a different field? Working with our recruiters means that you have a career coach on your side throughout your experience with us, helping you find the right fit with your schedule and your professional goals.
Depending on your preferences and work needs, we offer three types of employment solutions:
Temp / Contract Work - This is a great way to get experience and earn money even if you are not looking for something long-term. It also opens doors for networking and future opportunities, as well as provides great experience for your resume with some of our top-tier clients.
Temp-to-Hire - This option allows you to learn more about the client and determine if it is truly a good fit for you before making a long-term commitment.
Direct Hire - Our recruiters work hard to understand our clients’ corporate culture, as well as understand your needs and preferences. Thanks to that diligence, we are confident that the placements we make are as mutually beneficial as possible.
We truly view our candidates as more than just employees. With that in mind, we provide competitive wages, several options for health insurance plans, the option to join our 401k plan, pre-tax transit benefits, as well as someone to help with whatever problem you may encounter, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Role: Royalty Accountant
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.