A Specialist IT Service Provider in Durbanville seeks the technical expertise of a highly meticulous, analytical & solutions-driven Data Engineer to work across multiple teams, delivering business insights while improving and promoting exceptional data quality and use. You must possess a Degree in Statistics/Economics/Computer Science or other related field, have 2-4 years' work experience with SSIS/SSAS or ADF/AAS and be skilled with Cognos, Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, ETL, SQL, OLAP, Data Marts, Star Scheme, lambda/kappa, be able to gather requirements and formulate business metrics for reporting and have experience with development methodologies - Agile, Kanban or Scrum.
- Collect, aggregate, and analyse data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into business performance.
- Produce actionable reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations and display root cause analysis of problems.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Communicate complex findings and insights to stakeholders and provide business strategy recommendations to optimize business performance.
- Provide reporting solutions and respond to ad-hoc report requests as needed.
- Educate and/or train business partners on operational use of reporting solutions.
- Assist with segmenting, profiling, matching, de-duplication, and standardization of master data.
- A Degree in a quantitative field, i.e. Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or another related field.
- 2-4 Years' work experience with SSIS/SSAS or ADF/AAS.
- Working experience with reporting tools like Cognos, Power BI, Tableau, Qlik etc.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL, optimization, developing ETL strategies.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of database and data warehousing principles (e.g. OLAP, Data Marts, Star Schema, lambda/kappa architectures).
- Gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
- Experience with agile or other development methodologies - Agile, Kanban or Scrum.
- Able to conduct business systems analysis and prepare business requirement specifications concerning data-related business processes.
- Scripting languages, e.g. Python
- Knowledge of event-based systems: e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.
- Work experience with stream data pipeline frameworks or solutions, e.g. Apache Flink, Beam, Dataflow, Databricks etc.
- Cloud data platforms.
- Experience within the Automotive and/or manufacturing industry.
- Self-starter with the ability to successfully plan, organise, and execute assigned initiatives with minimal guidance and direction.
- Strong listening, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts, features, and benefits of analyses to any audience
- Willing to take initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits close attention to detail and is a champion for accuracy.
- High level of Integrity.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, ability to multi-task effectively.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and can-do attitude extremely desirable.
- The ability and willingness to do a variety of different tasks.
While we would really like to