Color Technician is responsible for ensuring the processes and materials used, providing duplicity for stains, paints and all
other coating applications. This individual will provide technical expertise in working with new stain and finish development,
along with technically supporting all aspects of color verification.
• Responsible for assisting manufacturing personnel and corporate partners to meet our quality standards as it pertains to
color-matching and finish quality.
• Work closely with Color Tech Supervisor and other management personnel in the development of new colors.
• Produce, distribute and inventory color masters and step standards.
• Work closely with the Industrial Safety and Compliance Officer to ensure current material and processes as well as new
materials and process meet company safety and environmental policies.
• Develop reliable finishing processes before new product launch.
• Responsible for performing test and maintaining records on incoming material and the testing of developmental coatings
to ensure quality standards are met.
• Teach and instruct all incoming Color Tech employees.
• Complete 4-hours of online training and pass exam for knowledge of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
• High school diploma or its equivalent required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to understand work instructions and directions in English.
• Good analytical skills.
• 3-5 years experience in a major wood finishing production operation.
Communication is required with personnel within the Finishing Department as well as other manufacturing departments.
Employee works under the immediate supervision of the Color Tech Supervisor and typically reports to the Color Tech
Supervisor or Finishing Department supervisor with occasional direction from a Team Lead.
Position requires constant physical effort both inside and outside of an air-conditioned environment. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit and perform computer related tasks for an extended period of
time and must be able to lift and/or move in excess of sixty (60) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. May require moderate/heavy
amounts of overtime on occasion to ensure departmental functions or special projects are completed on schedule. Employee
must be able to pass a Qualitative FIT Test and be medically able to wear a half-face air purifying respirator.
Manufacturer of kitchen cabinets.
Role: Color Technician
Apply for this job now.