At SunSystem Technology, we leverage our vast knowledge of solar operations & maintenance with cutting edge technology to create an unrivaled solar experience.
Our comprehensive services support commercial and residential solar projects from design to installation and ongoing maintenance. As an industry innovator, we value transparency, precision, and quality while providing creative solar solutions to maximize energy production and system performance.
SunSystem Technology is the largest residential solar service provider in the nation. We are headquartered in Rancho Cordova, CA with satellite offices throughout California and technician hubs across the country making us uniquely poised to provide our services wherever they are needed.
The Operations and Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing preventative and reactive maintenance, system commissioning, troubleshooting and generally maintaining our customers’ solar assets. The O&M position is responsible for managing time and resources so that customers are serviced promptly and effectively. Responsibilities include electrical troubleshooting, module cleaning, adherence to safety procedures, process improvement and innovation, electronic monitoring set-up. A strong foundation in electrical installation, solar electrical systems, and customer service is required. The ideal candidate will also lead efforts for safe working practices.
This position requires travel and overnight stay, based on the location of projects within the region.
Emergencies- There will be occasions that demand very quick reactions such as 24 hour responses to system failures. It is expected that, on occasion, the O&M Technician will be called into work, on a weekend or previously scheduled time off, at night or on a holiday, to perform troubleshooting and repairs.
· Troubleshoot, maintain, service, and repair residential solar systems and associated equipment to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
· Interact with customers and coworkers at a professional level, able to work both independently and as part of a multi-tasking team.
· Perform remote on site customer services, including installing, commissioning, troubleshooting and repairing of residential solar systems and related equipment.
· Calibrate and coordinate equipment according to precise specifications.
· Provide complete and thorough documentation and reports upon completion of each assigned job.
· Perform field service projects while maintaining safety standards at all times.
· Carry out on site root cause analysis on system failures.
· Act as technical liaison between SunSystem Technology Residential Field Services and client.
Educational, professional and/or other requirements:
· 2+ years of experience in solar field operations (installations/service).
· Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
· Flexibility to shifting priorities and changing environments.
· Motivated, responsible, accountable, and punctual are must have traits.
· Knowledge and ability to use basic hand and electrical tools.
· AC/DC Power Conversion and Control experience.
· Knowledge of Electrical Theory and Codes.
· Ability to work at heights and rooftops.
· Ability to lift and move objects up to 70lbs.
· Ability to travel up to 70%, some nights and weekends may be required.
· Clean driving record.
· Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot electrical systems.
· Ability to learn to configure and repair communication hardware and software.
· Good communication skills, use of standard work related PC programs.
· Computer skills, using office programs to generate timely reports.
· Ability to innovate and improve operations and solve complex problems.
· Thrive in a team environment.
· High integrity and energy a must!
· NABCEP Certification.
· Prior Residential Solar O&M (service) experience.
· Experience maintaining and servicing solar monitoring systems (i.e. SunPower Monitoring, Locus, Itron, Elster, Enphase, and other various remote monitoring solutions).
· Experience maintaining and servicing solar inverters/micro-inverters (i.e. SMA, PowerOne, Fronius, Aurora, LG, Enphase).
Benefits for Full-Time Positions:
· Competitive hourly wages with benefits
· Career path opportunities for top performers
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SunSystem Technology (SST) is resetting the industry performance standard for PV solar O&M and asset management companies. From initial commissioning, to ongoing O&M and asset management support for large-scale solar energy facilities (SEF) and residential fleets, SST ensures optimal system performance, minimal system downtime and maximized system production values. Our legacy experience reaches from Europe to both coasts of the U.S. and is matched by our knowledge of emerging technologies that positively influence system performance and enhance both our clients systems production capabilities and asset values for years to come.
Role: Lead Solar Technician
Apply for this job now.