Company: XCEL RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £19,000 - £21,500 per annum
Our client, a freight forwarder is looking for a Land Freight Administrator to join their office in Basildon.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 08.30 hours - 17.30 hours - [one-hour unpaid lunch]Saturday rota 1 in 4 approximately - Paid Overtime
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Land Freight Operations Team with their duties supporting the Head of Operations and Land South’s vision of the company.
- Understand and execute the departments vision of good business development in order to successfully Import/Export Land Road freight, warehouse operations and logistics products.
- Oversee client and sub-contractor management in conjunction with SOPs.
- Ensure all customers and clients are invoiced correctly and on time in conjunction with SOPs.
- Ensure all operational activities are completed on time.
- Maintain regular communication with sales teams reporting new sales leads and handover of shipments.
- Communicate quotations to the line manager/sales team within two hours of receipt and ensure all quotations are recorded on the system in one format.
- Report internal leads to the customer services and sales teams.
- Ensure all duties/VAT is charged correctly upon invoicing and collect any monies due in line with SOPs.
- Maintain and utilise the operational system at all times.
- Ensure all reports are generated by given deadlines and handed to line manager.
- Maintain excellent customer and inter-departmental relationships at all times giving regular feedback to line manager.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover as required
Skills & Competency:
- Previous experience in a similar role preferable (e.g. Logistics / Transport Administrator) experience in freight over one year
- Quality organisational skills and ability to manage many tasks or projects at the same time
- Ability to prioritise own workload but also be able to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and CRM systems
- Demonstrate working administrative background
- Must have an analytical skill, with a high level of attention to detail