- Senior Technology Officer
- 9-12 months fixed term contract with potential opportunity for permanent employment
- Salary : £33k - £37k per annum pro rata. Dependent on experience
- Reporting to : IMT Manager
- Location : Sharnbrook, Bedford
- Working Hours : 37.5 hours per week
Community Dental Services CIC (CDS) has a vacancy for a Senior Technology Officer. This position would suit an experienced 3rd line desktop support engineer with a flair for problem solving, a genuine interest in IT automation and a desire to learn and develop further.
Working for a well-established organisation during a substantial and extended growth period, you will be mainly located at our head office in Sharnbrook Bedfordshire. You will also be required to travel and provide support and specialist advice to our clinics and employees across all CDS geographies, so it is essential that you have your own transport and a full driving licence. Working on a, full-time basis, the hours of the role are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday although some flexibility will occasionally be needed to support essential project work.
This is a new role, created to support the current and predicted growth of CDS. This role will play a key part in preparing CDS for the mobilisation and migration of new contracts, especially for Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire which transition to CDS on 1 April 2020.
This role involves working with third party suppliers especially our IT partner. A key responsibility of this role is to help drive forward and project manage key workstreams from the automation/digitalisation agenda and support the IMT Manager to deliver key outcomes from that plan.
The role will work closely with the Executive Team, Heads of Service and employees. As a subject matter expert, you will be identifying IMT requirements and planning and delivering both locally focused programmes of work as well as strategic plans.
As a key member of our IMT team you will be required to investigate and resolve specialist or complex IM&T issues. You will also be responsible for recording, resolving and managing the day to day IT matters which are not covered by our external support contract.
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in an IT related subject or equivalent relevant experience.
- Knowledge of connecting different peripherals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially O365.
- Minimum 3 years' experience providing 3rd line support.
- Hands on experience of technical issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organisation including Senior Leadership.
- Business focus.
- Advanced IT skills.
- Proven ability to operate/think laterally/problem solve.
- Ability to work to agreed objectives and within professional policies.
- Problem solver.
- Flexible with a 'Can Do' attitude.
- Free On-site parking
- Discounted food
- On-site gym
Role: Senior Technology Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire,
Apply for this job now.