SMMA is seeking a Civil Engineer to join SMMA's Site Design team, a talented group of designers and problem-solvers. This position is for a junior-to-mid-level engineer that will work in our Providence, Rhode Island office with other site designers through all phases of a project. Given SMMA's integrated and multidisciplinary composition, the role affords a chance to coordinate and work closely with staff across numerous areas of design expertise and provides exposure to a variety of project and client types.
The candidate will be active throughout the full project lifecycle, from concept design to final construction documents, and during construction administration. The position includes environmental permitting applications and processes at both the state and local level.
We offer a fast-paced, team-oriented environment that promotes intellectual and creative growth. The candidate will be encouraged to provide new ideas and share knowledge that will advance the firm's mission and his/her professional career.
- Developing site plans for a variety of land development and building projects
- Designing stormwater management and utility systems
- Developing permitting applications and supporting reports
- Developing construction details
- Participating in construction administration activities
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 2-8 years' experience
- Completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination, a plus
- Experience with a variety of design software and programs (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Hydrocad) as well as Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
About the Firm
SMMA remains one of the area's most unique design firms due to its composition, reputation, and focus. Cambridge-based since its incorporation in 1955, the firm focuses on creating lasting relationships with strategic partners in both the public and private markets.
The firm was founded by MIT alumni who believed that the balance of architecture, engineering, interiors, and site design afforded clients the agility of a single source of creative and technical expertise. Today, SMMA continues its dedication to a flexible integrated approach while remaining guided by a shared pursuit of design excellence and social responsibility.
SMMA is organized into five studios of market focus: Corporate and Commercial, Federal Government, Higher Education, K-12, and Science and Technology. At SMMA, studios represent specialized communities of practice working together to foster knowledge flow around common interests. Together, the firm's studios form a larger design ecosystem, sharing best practices and nurturing professional growth and project excellence.
SMMA does not offer H-1B visa sponsorship for this position.
Powered by JazzHR