Key Stage 2 Teaching Assistant
£70-80 per day PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are to have recent experience working in a UK school or supporting young people.
September 2021 - August 2022
Smart Teachers are seeking to recruit a Key Stage 2 Teaching Assistant to join a 'Good' primary school in Greenford, West London. The successful Key Stage 2 Teaching Assistant will work across the two Year 4 classes, working with groups and individuals to help raise attainment. Both full time and part time (3 full day) options will be considered. Previous experience working in KS2 is desirable. This role starts in September 2021 and will be contracted for the duration of the academic year, with the possibility of re-employment in September 2022. The school are looking for a Key Stage 2 Teaching Assistant who is able to run small group interventions and has the ability to move children's learning on, during each session.
Graded 'Good' by Ofsted, the school is a church of England school situated in Greenford, Ealing. The school is well known throughout the borough and has a reputation as being one of the best state schools in the local area. The school prides itself on the calm environment it has created. The school also has high expectations of it's pupils and the staff are all committed to ensuring all pupils make outstanding progress. The school is easily accessible from West London and has an onsite car park, as well as being within walking distance of the central line. The SLT are well established and experienced; they invest a lot into pupil and staff well being to create a happy school. This a great chance to be part of a team who are passionate and committed and work with children who are enthusiastic about learning!
To be considered for the Key Stage 2 Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Hold an enhanced DBS
- Have previous experience working with children in the UK in the past 2 years
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Key Stage 2 Teaching Assistant who can ent