1. Sales Forecast:
· Prepares background information to support sales forecasting
· Works with the Research and Development team to forecast sales of new products
· Develop statistical forecasts
· Provide input to the development of inventory policies and parameters
· Lead initiatives to improve forecast accuracy
2. Demand and Supply Inventory Management:
· Works closely with strategic pricing as to ingredient plan and operation as to product availability
· Communicates requirements and delivery schedules to suppliers
· Monitor the progress with sales team on the agreeable sales target
3. Production Planning:
· Communicate to production the requirements
· Review production scheduling
· Provide information to production as to customer segmentation
· Work and communicate with SCM on a regular basis
4. Administration and Reporting:
· Ensure all documents pertaining to demand and supply planning are accurate and well organized
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's Degree with 1-2 years of relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
· Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
· Must be detail-oriented, systematic and organized
· Must be proactive and possesses solid problem-solving skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
TMI began in a 3,000 ft2 noodle factory in New York's Chinatown district in 1989 with the mission of creating fresher and better tasting noodles. Within 3 years the company expanded to a 22,000 ft2 facility in Brooklyn and eventually added dumplings and other Asian specialties to their product mix. In 2001, TMI Trading was added under the TMI umbrella with the commitment of sharing quality specialty foods from Asian countries such as China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, and Singapore,in the US market, and transforming them into household staples.
In late 2012, TMI became an affiliate of CJ Group through acquisition. Cheiljedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors—Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services.
Today, TMI employs over 300 people and occupies more than 200,000 ft2 in Brooklyn. It is comprised of the brands Twin Marquis, Chef One, and Tang's Natural, each specializing in its own category of goods. Twin Marquis and Chef One are both successful and highly influential brands in the US East Coast Asian food markets, with Twin Marquis specializing in noodles and dumpling wrappers, and Chef One famous for its dumplings. TMI's commitment to fresh, delicious ingredients and innovative product development has made them New York's leading Asian food company.
Role: Supply and Demand Planning Assistant
Apply for this job now.