Supervise manufacturing operations and employees in the production of plastic extrusions and packaging assemblies. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: facilitate the training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; interviewing, hiring, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems effectively using lean practices methods. Empower a positive work culture and environment. Actively lead and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports, follows and enforces all safety policies and practices of the Company.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Facilitates the training of workers as needed for the various types of production jobs.
- Coach team in performing duties and ensures work is completed to quality standards.
- Lead and complete continuous improvement projects.
- Empower a positive work culture and environment.
- Evaluates team job performance in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with maintenance personnel to set up various types of machinery and resolve equipment issues.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Interview and recommend for hire, complete performance appraisals, discipline, effectively demonstrate conflict resolution.
- Filter public verses confidential information regarding employees, vendors, and Company.
- Acts as liaison between staff and engineering to facilitate technical support.
- Determine sequence of production operations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, job orders and assigns duties.
- Inspects and measures parts and products to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Verifies operation reporting and adjusts input for correctness.
- Directs subordinates engaged in the process of extrusion, fabricating, and packaging of plastic profiles and tubing.
- Holds regular communication meetings with shift personnel.
- Ensure that the Company standard practices and procedures are followed.
- Promotes a team environment across all shifts.
- Evaluates, recommends and implements improvements to increasing productivity and quality.
- Analyze production results against goals/standards and adjusts accordingly.
- Understand and promote the use of Value Stream’s/Lean Practices
- Works additional hours as needed to support shift activities and other periodic off-shift coverage, may include weekends.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must to able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree in supervisory management, or other closely related field plus a minimum of five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment. Proven continuous improvement and project management experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Required Skill, Abilities and Characteristic
- Strong interpersonal communication to include written, verbal and active listening skills (one-on-one or in a group)
- Ability to inspire motivation while understanding employee differences
- Delegate tasks by identifying the skills of each employee and assign duties based on individual skill sets
- Interact in positive manner that builds trust amongst peers, departments, shifts and the employee/employer relationship
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent logic skills: root cause analysis
- Knowledge and use of statistics such as design of experiments
- Ability to empower and complete tactical plans in support of strategic plan or goals
- Present/develop reports as they relate to manufacturing
- Must show history of coaching peers and the ability to be coached by peers
- Actively seeks ways in which to act as a role model, guide, develop and mentor others within operations
- Responds effectively to changes in situation or information
- Persuasive team leadership, team building and facilitation skills
Requires math and statistical skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Requires ability to compute ratios and percentages and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited instruction and standards exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical and/or mental demands described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; use foot/feet to operate machine; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
The employee may be required to lift up to 25 lbs. occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Poly Vinyl Co. is a team of dedicated people manufacturing and marketing quality plastic products for our customers to support our financial and personal well being. Exceeding customer expectations will be our differential advantage. It is important to enjoy the journey while accomplishing our mission.
Since our inception in 1962, Poly Vinyl Co.'s passion for supplying superior service to our customers has forged many long lasting partnerships. Along with this service excellence, our continuous improvement initiatives and quality systems have led to competitive pricing. Our company, which is privately held, reflects the core values,
In 1989 company started its own proprietary brand of vinyl building products, which is known today as Color Guard®, a premier, vertically integrated supplier of Maintenance-free porch and deck railing systems.
Please visit our websites at: #removed#, and #removed#
Role: 1st Shift Supervisor - Production
Location: Sheboygan Falls,
Apply for this job now.