Surgical Technologist (ST) - Certified
SIGN ON BONUS AND RELOCATION EXPENSES FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
We are looking to recruit a Surgical Tech (ST) Certified to join our team. This location has all the appeal of small town and lower cost of living while having extremely easy access to all the offerings of metropolitan activities. We are seeking a well skilled, highly productive team player to work with our program as a Surgical Tech.
We have a special opening for just the right Surgical Tech and would love to discuss the unique job duties of this position. If you are looking for a job where you will be appreciated, expected to work hard and learn new skills while having fun; this is the job for you!
Under the supervision of the Director of Surgical Services, this position assists with surgical procedures under the guidance of surgeons, registered nurse(s), or additional O.R. personnel.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to work independently and met established deadlines
- Able to make sound reasonable decisions
- Highly organized
- Ability to concentrate on many detailed requests despite numerous interruptions
- Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity and innovative
- Ability to identify and calmly handle inherently stressful situation with tact
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with consumers and staff
- Seeks guidance, direction and assistance when needed
- Ability to be flexible and take on new responsibilities
- Performs scrub activities based on principles of aseptic technique, infection control, universal precautions guidelines, environmental control, and life safety guidelines: anticipates needs of patient and surgeon; demonstrates critical thinking skills and prioritize activities when performing the scrub role; under supervision of the RN, demonstrates ability to prepare medications for procedures to be used by physicians; knows of routine drugs used intra-operatively, dosages, and/or concentration and appropriate route of administration
- Prepares and knows the specific uses of equipment, instrumentation and supplies used for surgical procedures
- Locates and operates equipment. Handles and operates equipment properly. Initiates service request and reports to supervisor action taken when malfunction of equipment occurs
- Performs scrub role, without assistance by locating supplies, equipment, and instruments; prepares operating room utilizing preference cards to set up surgical instruments and equipment; independently prepares the sterile field for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients for the intra-operative experience; differentiates and demonstrates knowledge of sterilization methods required for instruments or equipment
- Implements and maintains preference cards in an updated complete form utilizing automated process and clinical information systems appropriately and efficiently
- Identifies potential risks to patients: identifies risks to patients in order to reduce incidence of injury; identifies actions to eliminate, minimize or report risks; identifies procedures to follow in the event of an incident; reports processes for common problems, failures and user errors
Training & Education:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Surgical Technology
- Current Surgical Technician Certification with the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) required. Individuals hired prior to August, 1, 2007 and who graduated from a program that was not recognized by the NBSTSA at the time of their graduation are exempt from the certification requirement.
- Minimum of 6 months of previous surgery experience in at least two (2) specialty areas* PREFERRED
This position includes full benefit package, PTO, and eligibility to participate in group 401(k) plan (subject to applicable waiting periods).
For Consideration Please E-Mail Your Resume To:
(218) 789 - 4111