Experienced in AP? Enjoy a fast paced environment? Do you want to work with a great team at a great company that is growing? If you do- we have the opportunity for you! Apply today!
The AP Payment Processor is a seasoned accounts payable professional responsible for the timely initiation and recording of payments to vendors by various methods such as check, wire, direct debit or credit card. This position ensures the accurate accounting of AP-related outgoing bank entries as well as the overall work-product done by the AP team through a series of quality control audits performed at the various stages throughout the process.
Essential responsibilities will include:
- Run pay controls in SAP for all pay types according to a pre-determined schedule.
- Reconcile Fin-Tech account activity against SAP, record payments and research discrepancies.
- Promptly process payments for all payroll garnishments and business licenses.
- Review outstanding cash reports from Treasury on a weekly basis and post related entries in SAP.
- Process all rush payment requests as needed.
- Prepare physical checks for US postal mailing.
- Complete monthly rent payment issuance from SAP real estate module.
- Document procedures related to pay control processing.
AP Processing Quality Control
- Daily review of all manually entered invoice entries to SAP for accuracy.
- Review of general invoice data during the payment cycle.
- Weekly preparation and review of AP aging report to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payments.
- Process all document voids in SAP and report details weekly to manager for metric reporting.
- Document procedures related to vendor maintenance and 1099 reporting
- Perform monthly American Express corporate card reconciliation.
- Maintain unclaimed property process and annual remittances to reporting agencies.
- Assist with inquiries from Operations management and vendors in a timely fashion.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Five years accounts payable experience or Associate Degree plus 3 years AP experience.
- ERP systems for Accounts Payable, expense reporting and AP document workflow experience required.
- Previous experience processing payments to vendors is preferred.
- Must possess intermediate/advanced Excel skills with the ability to sort, filter and create pivot tables.
- Must be extremely detailed oriented and able to work with minimal supervision both independently and in a team environment.
- Above average organizational skills will drive success in this position.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on providing stellar customer service to all internal and external contacts.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude is critical on this fast-paced team.
- SAP or other high-end ERP system experience is preferred, but not required.
Flynn Restaurant Group (FRG) was started in 1999 as the owner and operator of eight Applebee’s in Washington State.
Since then the company has grown at over 20% a year, added two additional leading brands in Taco Bell and Panera, and has become the largest restaurant franchise and one of the 50 largest foodservice companies in the United States.
Today, through its three wholly-owned subsidiaries, Apple American Group, Bell American, and Pan American, FRG owns and operates over 470 Applebee's, 280 Taco Bells, and 130 Panera cafes, representing $1.9 Billion in Sales and directly employing 40,000 people in 32 states.
Going forward the company plans to continue its aggressive growth by building and acquiring additional restaurants as well as opportunistically expanding into other brands and businesses.
We look for people to join our team who think beyond themselves and consider the overall business, that want to “Own it” and have the “Whatever it Takes” attitude!
Role: AP Payment Processor
Apply for this job now.