Responsible for providing inspection, testing and preventive maintenance service for fire sprinkler equipment to comply with NFPA 25 Standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cut, thread, groove and solder pipe for small repairs
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform minor repairs
- Interface with customers to explain work to be performed, answer questions, and address their concerns in a knowledgeable and respectful manner.
- Perform flow tests, fire pump tests, hydrostatic tests, main drain tests, and standpipe inspections
- Perform routine inspections, testing and services of fire sprinkler equipment
- Ability to read and decipher blueprints
- Working knowledge of wet, dry, pre-action, deluge, water mist, foam, and glycol systems
- Work in compliance with the company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times
- Maintain company vehicles and appropriate inventory levels for jobs
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable with heights and working on ladders or lifts.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience performing fire sprinkler inspection, testing and maintenance service and/or installation.
- Ability to read and comprehend appropriate NFPA 25, 20, 17, and 13 standards.
- NICET 1 Certification - Inspection and Testing of Water Based Systems (highly preferred)
- Ability to work in confined space and high lifts.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, holidays, over time and quarterly on-call rotation.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Since 1933, Kistler O'Brien Fire Protection has been protecting businesses and their employees throughout Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland areas. We are a privately owned and operated fire protection company that has locations in Bethlehem, Reading and West Chester with over 180 employees.
Role: Sprinkler Inspector
Apply for this job now.