Immaculate public areas, attractive grounds and efficient operational systems combine to make Fairmont Hotels & Resorts places of unrivalled presence. As Engineering Manager, you will empower your team to achieve exceptional standards, and develop preventative maintenance and resource management programs that ensure a safe and welcoming hotel for all Colleagues, guests and visitors.
Hotel Overview: Set on a 520 acre estate with a unique coastal setting in the Home of Golf, Fairmont St Andrews is the perfect location to turn any holiday into a treasured memory whilst offering a resort experience steeped in the history of the area and traditions of Scotland. The Resort includes 211 luxurious guest bedrooms, 6 diverse dining outlets, 2 golf courses and a tranquil Spa & Leisure facility.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Direct supervision and scheduling of the work force.
- All preventive maintenance programmes.
- All repair and maintenance work orders.
- Inventories and procurement of parts and supplies.
- Accident prevention and safety.
- Neatness and cleanliness of the engineering workshop and all areas under the direct control of the department.
- Proper orientation, training and development of department associates.
- Utilise the tools of quality in department planning and problem solving efforts, as appropriate.
- Conduct daily team briefings.
- Maintaining rooms maintenance strategy.
- Maintaining tracking data, check sheet and logs.
- Planning and scheduling preventive maintenance.
- Planning and scheduling corrective maintenance.
- Regular Inspections.
- Lead or otherwise facilitate the transfer of information regarding priorities, assignments, and problem solving at the various briefing sessions each day.
- To observe and analyse energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds.&
- To be available for any emergencies.
- To be aware of all existing Job Safety Analysis and work towards an accident-free safe working environment with a view to conservation
- Other Duties as assigned&
Previous leadership experience as an Engineering& Supervisor or similar Preferred
Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
Engineering degree/diploma or related discipline preferred
Experience with high level of water and pool management preferred
Must have renovation experience, preferably in a luxury hotel setting
Proven ability to handle multiple complex projects with a focus on results
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid work authorisation for the UK.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you''re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit #removed#& to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That''s why you''ll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London''s The Savoy, New York''s The Plaza, and Shanghai''s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
See descriptionRole: Engineering Manager Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: St Andrews, Scotland, ScotlandApply for this job now.