The E/E System Cost Engineer is responsible for establishing piece costs for electric and electronic components and assemblies. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Establishing technical variable cost of new, modified and current production electrical and electronic components, by applying activity based costing principles to component manufacturing processes.
· Working from a bill of materials (BOM), drawings and/or samples, the individual must be able to develop technical cost for electrical components and assemblies using established cost tools.
· Representing Product Engineering in Value Optimization Engineering workshops, including participation in price benchmarking, teardown activities, and synergy activities.
· Providing subject matter expertise to support Engineering during the design phase and Purchasing during the placement of new business.
· Maintaining component cost responsibility throughout program life (from the setting of concept target cost, analysis during new business placement and collaboration of all design change costs).
· Conducting cost collaboration with suppliers and the Purchasing Department.
· Analyzing supplier quotes and collaborating on costs for design changes.
· Working with suppliers to complete price contracts and verify assets.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree. Minimum of 3 years of automotive (OEM) or Supplier experience. Experience with automotive Electronic modules required. Activity based costing and/or quoting experience desired. Understanding of production implementation & processes for electronic modules required. Must possess strong negotiation skills, plus solid leadership, interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
Role: Cost Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills,
Apply for this job now.