COMPANY: ST HELENS COLLEGE & KNOWSLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
JOB TYPE: Part Time, Permanent
SALARY: £11130.01 - £13209.67 Per Year
We are currently recruiting for a Learning Assistant, to join our Learner Support team at St. Helens College and Knowsley Community College. The role requires the ability to support a range of educational needs both in and out of the classroom. Applications from enthusiastic, conscientious and personable individuals, who are learner focused, would be welcome.
Main responsibilities include:
- To implement specialist support for individuals as per their Support Plan.
- To enable students to overcome barriers to learning by employing appropriate teaching and learning strategies.
- To monitor the effectiveness of specialist support and feedback to the Learner Support Manager.
- To assist with the physical and emotional needs of students and to manage changing behaviour of students, with vocational tutors.
- To encourage independence whenever possible, e.g. giving choices, prompting, etc.
- To monitor and record support logs for individual students on ProMonitor.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.
Role: Learning Assistant
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Location: St Helens,
Apply for this job now.