If you're studying for a science related degree and thinking about your placement year for 22/23, there's nowhere better than Sainsbury's.
Ensuring our food always tastes delicious whenever it lands in our customers baskets is an important task, and one that falls to us in Sainsbury's Brand. Over the years, we've built up quite the reputation for quality, taste, welfare and sustainability, so everything we do, we do with that in mind. As an intern, you'll put everything you have learnt during your degree so far into practice to deliver a project of real business benefit.
This is paid work with a FTSE 100 business, and a real foot in the door for only the most ambitious students. More about the role
On the Sainsbury's Technical Internship, you'll spend a year working alongside and being supported by experts in the Sainsbury's Technical team. You will have the opportunity to build on your breath of knowledge within a range of different product areas. Across the year you will:
What we're looking for
- Complete two 6 month projects during your placement, these will be specific to your area and will provide an opportunity to work cross-functionally within the Sainsbury's Technical team. This will give you greater insight in to the Food retail industry and how our business works. You will present the findings of your two projects to leaders within the business.
- Have the opportunity to work with and visit our suppliers, giving you access to the whole supply chain
- Have the opportunity to work in Store, giving you insight into how your work affects our retail colleagues.
In return you'll get
- A genuine passion for food and food retail
- A desire to build on the learnings gained during your degree, and ability to apply your knowledge to real life / work situations
- Ability to soak up knowledge from others within our business
- Time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to a range of stakeholders
- A competitive salary
- Colleague Discount across our multi-brands including Sainsbury's, Argos and Habitat
- Holiday Allowance
- Special Offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
- Full year programme of inductions and immersions into our wider business
- Ample resources at your fingertips - you'll have everything you need to achieve your objectives and we will help you all the way
- Help in navigating our business, and all other potential career journeys too, to help you make the right choice when you graduate
Flexible working conversations are encouraged. Across our multi-brands, we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture.
If you're reading this, even if you're not 100% sure you're there with your experience, we'd still love to hear from you.