Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager the Electrician performs a wide variety of electrical trouble shooting. Take pass downs and complete assignments; Work with electrical control circuits using 24 VZC/DC and 110V. Bend and run new conduit. Read and understand electrical schematics; Ability to troubleshoot and repair analog and digital control devices and sensors, photo eye sensors, PLCs, bar code readers, scales, labelers, printers, HID readers, and specialized food processing machinery such as X-Ray Machines, slicers, dicers, and auto transfer machines.
Must have the ability to work under pressure, with multiple interruptions being able to change tasks as plant priorities change. Demonstrate proper decision making skills in order to determine which tasks will provide optimal results for production goals. Follow through on all assignments.
· Troubleshoot, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on all electrical equipment throughout the plant using generally accepted electricity principles.
· Work from blueprints or schematics to perform maintenance, repair or install equipment.
· Demonstrate knowledge and competency in three phase circuits.
· Assist with repairs, replacements, adjustments, modification to equipment and machinery, wiring, piping, etc., as directed.
· Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed; have full availability as schedules may change and/or rotate.
· Prefer a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as an Electrician OR completion of an Electrician course with certificate of completion.
· Must have solid judgement making skills.
· Must be familiar working with pumps, electrical controls, conveyors, PLC.
· Prefer experience with ammonia and/or boiler systems.
· Knowledge and demonstration of safe work practices
Pitman Farms is a family owned and operated company. Vertically integrated we are a poultry breeder, grower, and processor of birds grown in a free range environment in sunny California. We offer year round full-time hours and medical benefits to our employees. A growing company, we are looking for dedicated people to grow with us and become a part of our success. All Pitman Farms workers are challenged to meet the tradition of the Pitman Family to produce only the highest quality products. This is done through hard work, honesty, integrity, passion and dedication in everything we do.
Role: Plant Electrician
Apply for this job now.