Company: Lancaster & Duke Recruitment Consultants
Quantity Surveyor (TGW)
About the role
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Rail team to work in Newport.
What you'll be doing
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Prepare and implement a project specific commercial strategy to ensure robust Cost Management and production of Project Monthly Reports in accordance with the BB Rail Reporting timetable.
- Ensure Measure and Value is accurately and auditably measured in a timely manner to comply with financial guidelines.
- Ensure robust Cost Control & Budget Management through the implementation of commercial review processes in accordance with the GMCE's and Commercial Manual monitored via commercial dashboards.
- Ensure contemporary Record Keeping is undertaken by the Project/Contract and are organised to enable retrieval and access as defined by the conditions of contract.
- Produce and maintain “First Principle” detailed Forecast Cost to Completion underpinned by a fully resourced programme in accordance with GMCE requirements.
You will have:
·An understanding of Contract Law and Insurances
·Knowledge of differing standard forms of contract
·A working knowledge of risk management
·A knowledge and understanding of sub-contracting principles
·The ability to provide contract advice to teams
Who they are looking for
You will have:
- An understanding of Contract Law and Insurances
- Knowledge of differing standard forms of contract
- A working knowledge of risk management
- A knowledge and understanding of sub-contracting principles
- The ability to provide contract advice to teams
Why work for our client
Day in, day out, their teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our client is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. They offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.