Networking the Internet of Things (IoT) – to take better control, become smarter and gain benefits (such as energy saving, etc.) is becoming a global imperative.
A major company capitalising on this developing market is growing it’s friendly team and looking to add an experienced Senior Database Development Engineer to their team.
The scope and scale of opportunities to grow the company’s product range and customer base is really eye opening. This can create innovation and real potential, giving an exciting long term career with great future prospects for the right person.
Working in a supportive team environment where your input will be noticed and appreciated/valued, the work environment is supportive and people centred. With this background, you can focus on developing hardware products (with your software engineering expertise) – the company already manufactures over 40,000 products per month!
The role requires: -
- Previous experience in a database development role
- Writing in VB.net language applications
- SQL Server (T-SQL procedures, Views, Cursors, sub-queries and TVFs) design, code and test
- A strong understanding of SQL Server databases – including designing and implementing them (this is not a DBA role but does include some of that work)
- Software test and automated testing
Any of the following would be highly desirable: -
- Knowledge/experience in programmatic dataflow (spreadsheet/database)
- Visual Basic
- Interface of asp.net, IIS, web coding, Bootstrap, JQuery
- It would be desirable (but not essential) if you had an understanding of networking and / or radio communications as well as general software/hardware security
- Interface with Electronics and mechanical hardware
This position is paying up to £55,000 for the right person. It also offers a superb holidays, pension and wide benefits package.
This vacancy is being managed on behalf of the employer by Edgar Cowen who are acting as a Recruitment Agency.
Please note: If you have not had a response from your application within 7 days, please assume your application is not being progressed.
Role: Senior Development Engineer (Production)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cambridge, East Anglia
Apply for this job now.