Our prestigious North Fresno specialty surgical practice has a full time opening for a qualified individual to join our billing team! As part of an expanding dynamic team, our Medical Billing Specialist holds responsibility for submitting accurate and timely electronic claims through the EDI to enable payment from all appropriate parties. This requires expertise in medical terminology, CPT coding, ICD-10/ICD-9 coding, workers compensation, commercial insurances, and Medicare billing and collections.
Responsibilities and required knowledge base of the billing team member include:
· Ability to coordinate with referral supervisors to ensure correct authorizations are available for claim submission.
· Coordination with front office staff on collection of insurance information and verification of benefits.
· Coordination with back office staff on timely collection of daily encounters.
· Ensures medical procedures utilize appropriate insurance CPT and ICD-10/HCPCS codes and modifiers.
· Entering of accurate information into the practice management system.
· Posting and submitting claims through the EDI and managing EDI claim scrubbing.
· Prepare and produce patient statements.
· Bill the primary and secondary insurance company for services performed and/or the patient for patient portion due.
· Investigate unpaid accounts/claims within a timely manner.
· Maintain skills and knowledge of payer rules and guidelines in order to bill accurately.
Minimum requirements: HS/GED required, AA preferred. A minimum of two years prior medical billing with work comp experience highly preferred. Must possess excellent communication and computer skills. AAPC certification preferred.
Demonstrated personal attributes: Our new medical billing team member is an excellent problem solver who has the ability to prioritize. Someone who knows how to meet deadlines, focus on task and know how to be a team player. Is willing to work hard, focus on the details of a claim to resolution, and has excellent organizational skills. A self-starter who can work with minimal supervision, is dependable, and maintains an excellent attendance record.
Compensation DOE: Competitive pay and benefits package for full time qualified employees . We are an employment at-will/equal opportunity employer/drug free workplace.
Please submit your resume with salary history for immediate consideration. Thank you!
Job Type: Full-time
· Fresno, CA
· High school or equivalent
· Medical Coding: 1 year
· Medical Billing: 1 year
· Workers Compensation: 1 year
About Regional Hand Center: Regional Hand Surgery Associates fellowship trained and Board Certified surgeons specialize in hand, wrist, and forearm disorders. Our spacious, state-of-the-art, ambulatory surgical facility is Medicare certified and equipped to perform the highest quality level of care for the hand. The center's mission is to deliver the best surgical care with a sense of dedication, professionalism and friendliness. Our desire is that each patient has the best possible outcome while feeling genuinely cared for.
About the area: Fresno is the home to California State University of Fresno and is within an hour driving distance to Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks, and within two hours driving distance to our scenic central coast and San Francisco. Our beautiful area offers opportunities for hiking, boating, golf, and is a great place for cycling. The area also offers terrific college athletics and cultural activities nearby. Fresno is home to nationally recognized school districts and is very family oriented. It’s a great place to live and work!
Role: Medical Accounts Receivable Full time
Apply for this job now.