100% UK remote long term is supported for this role (from the UK Only)
Our client is a tech incubator business with interests in online gaming and AI driven performance optimisation. In addition to investments in existing start-ups, it incubates its own projects with the goal of spinning them out as independent companies. It's an exciting and fast moving business with a track record of successful product/company launches.
About the Role
We are looking for a strong developer with 4-5 years' experience who will take responsibility for scoping and development of greenfield and existing development projects.
Please note the individual must have some good experience with node and working at the Back End.
- Architect, design, code and test new software solutions for Agile projects
- Maintain, support and improve existing systems
- Write quality and high performing code
- Assist with peer code reviews
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to define and ship new features
- Decide on web frameworks and libraries to use and promote coding standards across team
- Lead other web developers and testers in building high quality web products
- Work with Software Development team to ensure correct implementation of designs
Skills (large proportion of these please)
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience with unit testing
- Strong ability to adapt to new technologies
- Good understanding of serverless applications is desirable
- Some experience with deploying the cloud infrastructure (eg AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Demonstrated knowledge of code repositories and version control tools (eg, Git, DevOps)
- Excellent communication skills in communicating ideas and creative concepts
- Experience in working in virtual teams and being in constant collaboration
- Well organised, delivering work to a brief and to a deadline, sometimes under pressure
- Ability to work unsupervised and take ownership for key services
Nice to Have
- Front End frameworks: React, Vue.js
- Working knowledge of CI/CD pipelines using a tool like Azure DevOps
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools such as Application Insights and Log Analytics
Role: Full stack developer
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.