Are you a detail-oriented, numbers person who thrives on deadlines and multi-tasking? If so then we may have an ideal role for you.
The Almond Board of California is currently seeking a versatile team member for our Accounting team who will take responsibility for our Unified Export Strategy (UES) grant program expense claims, handle credit backs on assessments, aid in accounts receivable management, manage the maintenance of the electronic handler files and other tasks in the accounting arena.
- Manages all financial aspects of the handler credit back program including reviewing claims, determining eligibility, entering claims and communicating to handlers;
- Evaluates expenditures to determine UES reimbursement eligibility, submits and tracks invoices submitted for UES grant, prepares and posts AR entries based on reimbursement submissions;
- Revenue management for annual industry conference;
- Support of assessment activities and payment compliance as outlined in the Marketing Order.
Our ideal candidate
The future member of ABC should possess the following skills and experience:
- In depth knowledge of accounting practices with government grants;
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures;
- Ability to multi-task, working well under pressure and adhering to tight deadlines;
- Preparing, analyzing and maintaining a variety of detailed records;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Strong attention to details and exceptional accuracy;
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Ability to use initiative and sound judgment;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills;
- Ability to work independently with a commitment to professional integrity;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on confidentiality
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration with 2+ years related experience
What will set you apart?
- Ability to think with both sides of your brain. Not only creative, but also strategic and analytical.
- Flexibility with the ability to thrive in ambiguity.
- Multitasking, proactive, overachiever with a drive to succeed and a positive attitude.
- Track record of being a committed team player that can work across an organization.
The Almond Board of California is a respected industry association that globally promotes California Almonds on behalf of over 6,800 growers and 100 processors. We are proud to offer a competitive salary, as well as a full range of outstanding benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, 457(b) deferred compensation plan, Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) plan, and unbridled support to help our team members succeed.
Established in 1950 and based in Modesto, California, Almond Board of California is a non-profit organization that administers a grower-enacted Federal Marketing Order under the supervision of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Our role is to support growers by developing global market demand for almonds as well as investing in research to address resource efficiencies, food safety and growing practices. The Board does this on behalf of the 6,800 almond growers and 100 processors in California, many of whom are third- and fourth-generation farmers. While compliance is a crucial part of its activities, the Board now engages in production, nutrition and market research, advertising and promotion in domestic and international markets, quality control, technical/regulatory issues management and statistical analysis and dissemination.
Role: Accounting Specialist
Apply for this job now.