Global Furniture Group, a leader in the office furniture industry has an immediate career opportunity for a Government Sales Manager to increase our business offerings to Government clients which is critical to the future market share growth of Global Furniture Group. This sales position is well-suited for candidates that bring a high level of strategic new government business development to the company. Ideal candidates for this position will possess a unique blend of federal government sales and procurement knowledge, professionalism, assertiveness, integrity, intensity, risk management, and business acumen. This Government Business Development role will create new market share growth by leveraging Global's product portfolio within the Washington DC Metro market.
As a Business Development expert at Global Furniture Group, your main objective is to get prospective government customers excited about what we can offer them. You will be an integral part of helping the company build a strong pipeline of qualified government opportunities and to grow its revenue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect and build sales pipeline with government end users/agencies.
- Drive regional government sales strategies and programs in collaboration with sales leadership to increase market share growth.
- Be a product knowledge expert and successfully overcome prospective customer objections
- Achieve key performance indicators and sales goals associated with compensation plan.
- Create effective sales strategies and account plans for each government end user/agency.
- Provide accurate and timely weekly and/or monthly forecasts and detailed 30/60/90 day sales reports.
- Use CRM (Microsoft CEC) to improve effectiveness of sales efforts and give visibility to sales leadership.
- Strategize and share best practices with your regional sales team members.
- Partner closely with other Territory Managers to ensure strong communication and proper engagement with our local government dealer network
- Develop effective business partnerships with other Global teams, including (but not limited to) Contracts, Customer Service, Product Management, and Marketing to enhance abilities to drive results and overall goals
- Lead strategic customer meetings and strategy sessions to drive sales results
Education, Experience, and Skills
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience or military equivalent.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
This position will service clients and development opportunities in the Washington DC Metro area.
WHO WE ARE
The Global Furniture Group is a leading North American Manufacturer of furniture solutions. Global offers a broad range of furniture products designed for the workplace, hospitality, education + healthcare markets, delivering exceptional value and quality to its network of dealers, designers and customers.
Operating for 50+ years and employing more than 4,000 people worldwide, Global has locations throughout Canada, the US, Mexico, China and the UK.
Global offers a comprehensive employee benefit program that enables our employees to stay healthy, feel secure and maintain a work/life balance. The following are benefits we offer employees (or may be eligible for):
Paid Time Off | Holiday Pay | Medical/Prescription Insurance | Dental Insurance | Vision Insurance | Health Savings Accounts (HSA) | Company-Paid Life and AD+D Insurance | Company Sponsored Long-term Disability | Short-term Disability | Voluntary Life Insurance | Employee Assistance Program (EAP) | Critical Illness and Accidental Injury Insurance | FSA | 401(k) & Roth 401(k)
WHERE WE ARE
Global has distribution centers and showrooms located all across the USA + Canada.
Global USA Showrooms:
Atlanta | Boston | Chicago | Detroit | Ft. Lauderdale | NYC | Philadelphia| Phoenix | St. Louis | Washington DC
Global USA Showrooms + Distribution Centers:
Atlanta | Baltimore | Boston | Chicago | Cincinnati | Dallas | Denver | Houston | Kansas City | Los Angeles | Miami | Minneapolis | New Orleans | Philadelphia | San Antonio | San Francisco | Seattle | Tampa
You can visit us at #removed#
Global is a smoke-free, drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR