Required - When school's re-open after lockdown
Working with secondary age students is a huge advantage
· Can you positively contribute towards raising achievement through improved attendance at school?
· Do you have the ability to challenge and motivate pupils, acting as a role model and mentor?
· 5 day working week
Behaviour Mentors work with pupils who are achieving below the required levels due to poor attendance and behaviour. Pupils may be at risk of exclusion, or have been temporarily been excluded already.
Within this role you will work alongside key school staff to reduce levels of unauthorised absence and improve levels of attendance and behaviour. Our staff establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model.
Your role would include undertaking structured and agreed learning activities/programmes, both on a 1-2-1 and small group basis, taking into consideration pupil learning styles.
Behaviour Mentors challenge and motivate, promoting and reinforcing self-esteem alongside providing levels of individual pastoral support to pupils.
This is to start ASAP and work across KS3/4 with children requiring direct support within lessons and throughout school, previous experience working within a similar position is desirable; teaching assistant, learning mentor or voluntary work with Special Needs would be beneficial for applicants.
For the successful applicant to this Behaviour Mentor role you can expect:
· A full or part time position
· Working alongside a supportive team within this Secondary school
· The opportunity to undertake designated SEN training (Team-Teach, Moving and Handling)
· Rate of pay , earn up to GBP70 per day (8:30-3:30pm) each day
· A progressive opportunity in this Bootle based secondary academy with great facilities
For consideration, please submit your CV via the “apply now” link to this advert.